Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

building son a system

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: building son a system

by audiofreak12 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:55 pm

So what was the final system you ended up with?

by 6three6mafia6 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:35 pm

hey glad the set up went straight, yeah that whole spare tire thing is a commong problem, i actually had a flat tire at school, it was the funniest thing i actually was able to take out the tire with my sub box in there, luckily i had some friends with me, BUT i dont think thats gona work out know seeing that i have a 55 pound sub and about a 15 pound box, damn xxx.

by olman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:18 pm

Everything is ggoooood, got a little rattlin in the trunk but my sons gonna take some of his money and get some stuff to line the inside of the trunk and reduce a lot of the rattle, you cant here it inside the car but Sounds bad to me on the outside.

by Scarrell » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:19 pm

hmm switch subs then, W6's are nice :s_thumbup , glad to hear that we helped you out and that you are happy with it, cant wait to see pics of it all.

by Minnoe07 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:44 pm

Hehehe, I usually end up taking the spare out the of the car b/c I know I won't be able to get to it in the case of a flat. :s_thumbup

Helps keep the balance of the car similar to before a system too if you care about that kind if stuff.

by olman » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:46 pm

Got system installed. They ended up using the MB 51/4" in the front and rear due to limitations on the car. The new system sounds Great. Not the Loudest but really clean and adjusted really well. THe front sound stage sounds great. At least to me. The sub sounds really clean. The only bad thing that happened is when I got home I realized the spare tire in the trunk was going to be tricky getting to. Wished I would have used maybe a JL W6 8" or 10" instead of the 12"W3 this would have eliminated the trunk problem I think. THis is one thing I did not think of and the guys at the stereo shop didn't either I guess. But I guess this is a pretty common set back when mounting subs and amps in the trunk. Any soon As I can take some pics I will figure out how to upload so u guys can see. Again THanks for all the help. this system is really clean sounding and loud enough I think its great.

by jonnyb » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:45 am

yep, car audio is something once you're into it, you stay into it.

and i also think thats great that you're getting this for your son, and as well that you researched before you bought everything. im sure your son will enjoy it for quite awhile.

by Jszar » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:39 pm

yeah this board is awesome. i hope the new traffic continues.

i am sure you'll be surprised with the clarity of sound you'll get from everything. i had no idea there was a huge difference until i got into car audio, cant get away from it now.

if you have a camera, you should take some pictures and post them. i want to see how all this turns out. its gonna be an awesome system no doubt.

she's gorgeous huh :cheers:

by olman » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:15 pm

This is a really great website you'all have been a lotta help. and by the way nice Avatar Jszar

by olman » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:59 am

I will let you guy's know how it turns out going to install on the 16th and 17th I have gone a little bit over budget but after all the homework it seems that for its just a flat amount to get into any kind of crappy car audio but for about 30% more you can jump from crap to pretty good. I'm sure that great probly cost another 30 to 50%. But I think this is going to sound better than any stereo I ever had, any improvements beyond this system will come out of my sons pockets. But He should enjoy this christmas.

Top