by lotas » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:42 pm
Overview: This amplifier is one of JL's slash series amps. It is 75watts RMS x 4channels @ 4ohms. Any of the two channels can be bridged to 150watts for extra power. This amp also contains a set of settings for each pair of channels, which creates a lot of flexibility.
Construction: The first thing I noticed when I recieved this amp was the weight. This thing weighs more than any amp i've ever felt, including a couple pioneers, premiers, and a kicker kx 1200. It's probably 15-20lbs.
Features: The amps features are pretty self explanatory. There is a filter (HP, LP, none) and then there is a filter frequency you set with a dial. There is a freq range which has a button for x1 or x1000 which multiplys the filter freq. by that number. Then the filter slope can be set at 12db or 24db per octave.
That's just the filter controls...and theres all of those for both front and rear. There is still the input voltage which you either set at low/high depending on your HU. If set in high, the power output decreases. Then theres just the 2channel/4channel selector. One nice thing is that this amp can run all four channels with one set of RCAs, you just plug the RCAs into the front channel and select 2ch.
Sound: This amp sounds great. I had an older pioneer amp with the gain almost all the way up. The speakers still sounded good, and i could turn it up to about 20before getting real loud. With this JL I had the volume on 10 and it was at normal listening level. There was so much clean output to the speakers I had to turn the bass/treble down on the HU settings cause it was so loud at such a low volume.
Pros:
sound
quality
settings/features
power
Cons:
hard/frustrating to attach wires cause of tiny allen wrench
$price$ from an authorized dealer
Overall: If i had the choice, I would buy this amp again. It is quite a bit of money to shell out, but it is a solid amp. Im not looking to upgrade my speaker amp, and I dont think I will have any problems with it for a long time.
Overview: This amplifier is one of JL's slash series amps. It is 75watts RMS x 4channels @ 4ohms. Any of the two channels can be bridged to 150watts for extra power. This amp also contains a set of settings for each pair of channels, which creates a lot of flexibility.
Construction: The first thing I noticed when I recieved this amp was the weight. This thing weighs more than any amp i've ever felt, including a couple pioneers, premiers, and a kicker kx 1200. It's probably 15-20lbs.
Features: The amps features are pretty self explanatory. There is a filter (HP, LP, none) and then there is a filter frequency you set with a dial. There is a freq range which has a button for x1 or x1000 which multiplys the filter freq. by that number. Then the filter slope can be set at 12db or 24db per octave.
That's just the filter controls...and theres all of those for both front and rear. There is still the input voltage which you either set at low/high depending on your HU. If set in high, the power output decreases. Then theres just the 2channel/4channel selector. One nice thing is that this amp can run all four channels with one set of RCAs, you just plug the RCAs into the front channel and select 2ch.
Sound: This amp sounds great. I had an older pioneer amp with the gain almost all the way up. The speakers still sounded good, and i could turn it up to about 20before getting real loud. With this JL I had the volume on 10 and it was at normal listening level. There was so much [b]clean output [/b] to the speakers I had to turn the bass/treble down on the HU settings cause it was so loud at such a low volume.
Pros:
sound
quality
settings/features
power
Cons:
hard/frustrating to attach wires cause of tiny allen wrench
$price$ from an authorized dealer
Overall: If i had the choice, I would buy this amp again. It is quite a bit of money to shell out, but it is a solid amp. Im not looking to upgrade my speaker amp, and I dont think I will have any problems with it for a long time.