Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Looking for a DVD Burner, what to get?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Looking for a DVD Burner, what to get?

by GlassWolf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:10 pm

best writers are the Pioneer or Plextor.
LiteOn, NEC, Sony, etc are below those two.
Personally, I use the Plextor.

DVD Decrypter, Nero 6.6, and my Plextor and I can 'back up' any DVD I've encountered.

by Mercedesbends69 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:56 pm

by lotas » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:47 pm

http://www.newegg.com


i dunno if thats how you spell it, but a bunch of my buddies build computers and thats where they buy their stuff.

might be like http://www.neweg.com

you might have heard of it though.

by Chris from Washington » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:19 pm

OK, I think I'm going to either pick the NEC or the Pioneer.

From some of the reviews I've been reading the NEC is the better burner. Plus depending on where you buy it from, it comes with Nero. The Pioneer seems to only come with Roxio.

Plus it seems to be alot cheaper then the Pioneer too.

Here is the specs of the NEC
http://osnews.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=3648375#description

Here is the specs of the Pioneer.
http://osnews.pricegrabber.com/search_t ... escription

by j0sh_o6 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:51 pm

Chris from Washington wrote:I was looking on some other forums, and looks like either the nec 3500a or the Pioneer A08 are pretty hot right now.

huh, NEC my old workplace. Never thought I would actually consider buying something from them again.

i would go with the pioneer A08
i have the pioneer A06 (just older model) and i love it has yet to let me down have burnt approx 100 dvd's and upwords of 200-300 cd's with outa a glitch yet would highly recomend pioneer dvd burner

by Scarrell » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:37 pm

our Wally World here has them Lite On DVD Burners for about $100, my dad is going to buy one sometime, his brother has one.. they seem to do pretty good.

by William from NOLA » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:33 pm

Ditto what mercedesbends69 said. Plus you will want to look into Lite On (best company) and Sony is very good too. I have an older 4x +- dvdrw from sony and it works very well.

by Mercedesbends69 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:29 pm

Make sure you look into one that is + and - RW so you don't have to worry about compadibility.

by Chris from Washington » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:35 pm

I was looking on some other forums, and looks like either the nec 3500a or the Pioneer A08 are pretty hot right now.

huh, NEC my old workplace. Never thought I would actually consider buying something from them again.

by Ryan from Ohio » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:10 pm

Walmart had one for $70 that was acceptable.

16x write I think 48x CD write

Buffer memory is a thing to look at. Most only have like 2 or 4 MB....

The bigger, the better.

Top