Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Help me pick the right Amps. How is Kicker? MMATS?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Help me pick the right Amps. How is Kicker? MMATS?

by solacedagony » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:14 am

by Scarrell » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:21 pm

your amps are fine.. its your subs.. those subs arent known for their SQ.. just getting loud..

by JeremyC » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:11 pm

Kicker makes some nice amps, but they won't help much in the SQ area. Its not that they don't sound good, its that your speakers don't sound good.

Personally I would keep the amp you have, and get some better sounding subs.

Help me pick the right Amps. How is Kicker? MMATS?

by Gagnastiak » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm

Right now I am powering to 12 kicker L7's off a fosgate bd1500. IT has alot of power, but I never hear anything in here about fosgate, so I am assuming you must not like it. MY BD is the older series probably 97 or so, the gray power series that came ater the black triangular ones. I would not like to go under 2 ohms on my subs. I have had some bad experience, and am 1 ohm shy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ROCKFORD-FOSGAT ... dZViewItem

Here is a link to an amp like mine. (No i am not the seller, this is just linked ofr reference)

I really want something with close to the same power, but maybe a little more SQ. Or is my amp good? I really have what I have read in here to be called "Dumb Ears" I am trying to teach them, but I cannot without the right stuff to listen to.

Ok, I am also running a set of MB Quart 6.5 Components http://www.ikesound.com/product-product ... dZViewItem mine is the 35 watt per channel version of this.


Where do I start to increase my sq. I am happy with the MB Quart, but I think I am underpowering them. Is MMATS a good SQ 4ch? I have also been considering a Kicker 700.4

I actually want to stick to one brand just so they match, and since I have the kicker subs right now, I would really like to run kicker amps, but only if they are good quality, can I please get some serious feedback on the kicker amps also. I love the look of the MMATS also, and the pricing is good, would that be a good choice, the DH300 looks awsome.
I cannot afford Zapco of the likes. I want to keep my 4ch amp around 200 ebay pricing, and my sub amp around 400 ebay pricing.

If my BD1501 is ok, should I just get a larger fosgate 4ch for matching, would that sound good?

This might be an annoying post, but suck it up and help a brotha out. I am yearning to get good SQ on my budget. My budget includes selling or trading my stuff that I am currently using.

Feel free to tell me all my stuff sux if it really does, I am prepared to hear it. I hope its not the case, and it will get me by, but I really hope that I can use kicker for SQ.

Gag

Top