Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 260 matches

by Purple RS
Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:28 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Old Members who haven't been on here in awhile
Replies: 57
Views: 56668

I'm still around. I upgraded my computer with a new motherboard and processor, then the operating system wouldn't load. Lost most everything on it and still finding stuff to re-install. I had a short 3 day stay in the Bremerton Naval Hospital in late September for surgery, all is well now.
by Purple RS
Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:04 pm
Forum: Performance & Modification
Topic: It's time for motor upgrade
Replies: 14
Views: 35734

This weekend, I was able to dyno this motor. As far as I know, except for the crank, rods and pistons (which make it the 383 it is), all the internals of the motor are stock 350 parts. I need to do a bit more tuning, but I got some good power and torque to the rear wheels... 248 hp @ 4400 rpm 348 lb...
by Purple RS
Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:13 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Abandoned Stuff
Replies: 45
Views: 35786

These look like they've been somewhat restored...

Image

Image

Image
by Purple RS
Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:12 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Abandoned Stuff
Replies: 45
Views: 35786

I have some good ones of an abandoned coconut plantation - the plantation house, some out buildings and even the cemetery. I'll have to scan them first since they're still 35mm prints. I took them at Diego Garcia in 1989 when the ship I was stationed on stopped there for supplies and fuel. A side o...
by Purple RS
Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:30 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Abandoned Stuff
Replies: 45
Views: 35786

I have some good ones of an abandoned coconut plantation - the plantation house, some out buildings and even the cemetery. I'll have to scan them first since they're still 35mm prints. I took them at Diego Garcia in 1989 when the ship I was stationed on stopped there for supplies and fuel. A side of...
by Purple RS
Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 pm
Forum: Performance & Modification
Topic: It's time for motor upgrade
Replies: 14
Views: 35734

Shop belongs to a friend :happy055: By the time we were finishing up, I was thinking I might be staying the night. We finished up about 10:30pm and I was home just after 11:30 - he's a good 60 miles away...

BTW, I'm still learning as I go too.
by Purple RS
Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:10 pm
Forum: Performance & Modification
Topic: It's time for motor upgrade
Replies: 14
Views: 35734

A little more work this weekend. This in preparation for T56 transmission in the near (or not so near) future. From a friend, I acquired a scatter-shield (bell housing) and T56 adapter plate to mount to the rear of the motor. Probably overkill for now, but it will make the six-speed swap so much eas...
by Purple RS
Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Newsletter, did anyone get it?
Replies: 6
Views: 3101

I haven't seen it...

Checked both e-mail and PM
by Purple RS
Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: We need more cars in our community garage
Replies: 7
Views: 16095

Both of mine were gone, except the info. New pics uploaded...
by Purple RS
Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:26 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Do I need a bigger battery or alternator?
Replies: 39
Views: 43045

I can't vouch for how well they work, but the concept is good. These guys have products to combine batteries for starting, yet isolate the backup battery when under normal use. A few different types of products, even a couple for high power audio, which I linked below. http://www.hellroaring.com/aud...