Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Search found 20 matches
- Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:27 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: worst brand ever
- Replies: 51
- Views: 14218
worst
The 'Factory' headunit on my 1982 Yugo SST GT.
- Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:29 pm
- Forum: Speaker Help
- Topic: 2ohm -- 4ohm
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3322
2ohm 4ohm
tried it, works great, Thanks
- Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:56 am
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: worst brand ever
- Replies: 51
- Views: 14218
worst
Custom AutoSound -- Overpriced junk
- Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:22 pm
- Forum: Speaker Help
- Topic: 2ohm -- 4ohm
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3322
2ohm -- 4ohm
Can the impedence of a loudspeaker be increased by adding some resistors to the terminals? I have some 2ohm units that keep tripping the protection circuits. Thank you
- Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:31 am
- Forum: Car Audio Discussion
- Topic: Line Out connecters
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1476
Line Out connecters
Im damaged my rca output jacks a few weeks ago and purchased 2 Scosche loc's as a temp fix. When I hook-up the loc's, the headunit will not power up, am I missing something? Thanks
- Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:34 pm
- Forum: Car Audio Discussion
- Topic: HeadUnit damage/RCA Cable
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5029
Loc
Just want to get through the holidays with some music. Is the degradation of sound quality noticeable with a loc? I will take a look at the 'better' Kenwoods. Thank You
- Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:30 pm
- Forum: Car Audio Discussion
- Topic: HeadUnit damage/RCA Cable
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5029
kenwood
Would a product like the Scosche LOC- 80 work as a short term solution? I know sound quality will be reduced, but there should be some good deals on electronix after the holiday.
- Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:59 am
- Forum: Car Audio Discussion
- Topic: HeadUnit damage/RCA Cable
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5029
HeadUnit Damage
I definately would not purchase another CAS unit, they are just too expensive. I read that the CAS cd changer is a Kenwood unit and should work on most of their HU's with changer controls. Are Kenwood HU's ok? I have a Eclipse 4100 power amp set up wit h the rear bridged for a sub (single 10), so th...
- Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:13 am
- Forum: Car Audio Discussion
- Topic: HeadUnit damage/RCA Cable
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5029
Rca
Jake, thanks for the info. The jacks still function, but the plugs do not fit snug at all, and there is a lot more 'system' (cd motor, clicking etc) noise than before. The HU is a Custom AutoSound unit for a 56 chevy (Kenwood clone) Not very good quality, but it looks almost oe.
- Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:21 am
- Forum: Car Audio Discussion
- Topic: HeadUnit damage/RCA Cable
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5029
HeadUnit damage/RCA Cable
Installed Knu Koncept RCA cables between HU and Amp. When I removed the cables from the HU, part of the HU RCA jack came out with the cable end (section that holds the polarity ring). Very thin metal bent. any way to repair? The amp end (eclipse 4100) had no problem with the Knu Koncept cables,which...