Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 26 matches

by Laparka22
Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:39 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm DVC help
Replies: 11
Views: 7233

It's a Ford Contour 98 and the box is 2CF ported tuned to 32Hz. In my opening post I put 3 CF but nah its 2 CF. I'll take it easy the first few hours. Play some 30Hz Test songs and swine waves and stuff just to be on the save side. Just wondering if you guys broke you subs in.
by Laparka22
Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:50 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm DVC help
Replies: 11
Views: 7233

One more question. When you guys have a new sub do you break it in? If so how? Or do you just listen to it right away?
by Laparka22
Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:35 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm DVC help
Replies: 11
Views: 7233

I'll only have to wait a month to save, I think I'll just go with the JL. Thanks for the advise.
by Laparka22
Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm DVC help
Replies: 11
Views: 7233

So you guys think that Hifonics would do the job fine? Worth it to save for the JL audio or just go with Hifonics?
by Laparka22
Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:05 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm DVC help
Replies: 11
Views: 7233

Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm DVC help

Hi I just recently bought a Alpine Type R 12" the 2 ohm DVC one and a 3 cu ft. ported box. I was thinking of getting the hifonics BXI 608 it pushes 600w at 1 ohm but I heard mixed opionions about this amp. Some poeple were saying that its not a good idea to run 1 ohm for everyday listening. Som...
by Laparka22
Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:39 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Question about the electrical system.
Replies: 9
Views: 4352

yeah it got toasted, and yes the lights do dim pretty bad. The wiring was ok, I checked it. And as the gain, I am sure I set it right, even if I put to half it would barly move the cone. I have a Poineer Premier Deh-6800 if that helps. I guess my only choice is to get a meter and see what it charges...
by Laparka22
Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:14 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Question about the electrical system.
Replies: 9
Views: 4352

would you say that probably the problem though? I have to crank the bass boost like to max on the amp to make the cone even move, which I know now is bad to do, but if I have it a 0, the cone will not even move really at all. Just another dumb question. If it's bad to put the bass boost to +18DB, wh...
by Laparka22
Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:31 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Question about the electrical system.
Replies: 9
Views: 4352

Question about the electrical system.

Ok. I been wanting to put a system in my car for a while. I finnally did, but I ended up clipping the sub ( dumb I know) becouse I had a Kicker 600.1, but not enough juice. If I put the bass boost to 0, and put the gain about 1/4, the cone would hardly even move. I had it at 2 ohms also, couse the a...
by Laparka22
Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:59 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Man, why did this happen?
Replies: 21
Views: 7663

yeah, maybe I will replace the sub, will be after chirstmas though :) yeah, I'll just leave the BB at 0 next time, The amp is still in good condition, and it's a pretty nice amp.
by Laparka22
Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:52 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Man, why did this happen?
Replies: 21
Views: 7663

damn, I may just give up on car audio, can't seem to get it right. Which sucks becouse I am addicted to bass, but to damn expesive you know?