Likes Likes:  0

Page 3 of 4 1234

21421 Views Results 21 to 30 of 31

1. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    03-14-14 #21

Default Re: kick panel help

Quote Originally Posted by plcrides View Post
    i am going to be going with my old autotek 100 instead of the 44 ,i decided to when i saw it would fit under my seat,hehe so i ran the speaker wires already both sides from inside the doors all the way to under the driver seat,now just need to run the rest to the back of my car,rCa wires,power,remote,and ground it to seat frame rail bolt.

hello hello is their anybody out their ? well i may be talking to myself,and chris but at least I'm not getting slammed or bashed on a forum from tough guys hiding behind there monitors in the safety of there own homes i hate that sh!t….i was reading about wave guides,you should do that chris instead of kicks,you have the space i think in your camaro,,,,,yeppers
    Back in the day I thought wave guides were pretty cool, but they just take up so much space and look kinda funky.

I might actually start on my kicks in the next month or so. Trying to decide if I just want to keep the speakers I have now, or maybe get some new ones. Been eying the Rainbow Geraniums, but need to do some more research.
    Also need to find an amp to run them, and a place to hide it. I could do under the seat, but I really want to have it complety hidden and out of the way. I was thinking how since I'm not using the stock 6x9 location in the back, maybe I could fit something in there. If I remember right if I take the plate out, there is a lot of extra room back there.

2. plcrides

03-14-14 #22

ohhh rainbow wow those are NICE man.well i just came inside from still messing around with my kicks,for one when i cut them down smaller it messed them up,i went too small,i put some poly in them and it helped some so yep.i went too small.i took my tweeters out and had some velcro on them and trying to find the right placement.

turns out the most important part of imaging chris is the TWEETER PLACEMENT,so be sure you definitely spend time on those,i spent all my time on the mid range and just cut a hole out for the tweets but there too high up under the dash,and i think this is whats messing me up.i may add on to my kicks and make the back sides go way up under the dash in the corner like a funnel i have the real-estate its their.

are you talking about the big fabric grill thats right by the rear pass/ head those big grills that pop off.mine had a 4x6 plate i think,because i had a boston acoustic and blew it on head hunter front 242 when the song shifts from one side to the other ,i'll never forget it haha good times.i

f your looking for small amps look on youtube,oh whats his face meade does a amp test tuesday thing and has been testing small amps with a lot of power.anyways man I'm pissed these things are giving me hell.i have the bass section taken care of woo man.i need to do a video,those sa 12's are hitting the lows and probably flexing,i haven't even parked and got out and looked.i know lame huh.just been too busy.

well bro wish the forum would pick up,damn where is everybody?

3. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    03-15-14 #23

Quote Originally Posted by plcrides View Post
    ohhh rainbow wow those are NICE man.well i just came inside from still messing around with my kicks,for one when i cut them down smaller it messed them up,i went too small,i put some poly in them and it helped some so yep.i went too small.i took my tweeters out and had some velcro on them and trying to find the right placement.

turns out the most important part of imaging chris is the TWEETER PLACEMENT,so be sure you definitely spend time on those,i spent all my time on the mid range and just cut a hole out for the tweets but there too high up under the dash,and i think this is whats messing me up.i may add on to my kicks and make the back sides go way up under the dash in the corner like a funnel i have the real-estate its their.

are you talking about the big fabric grill thats right by the rear pass/ head those big grills that pop off.mine had a 4x6 plate i think,because i had a boston acoustic and blew it on head hunter front 242 when the song shifts from one side to the other ,i'll never forget it haha good times.i

f your looking for small amps look on youtube,oh whats his face meade does a amp test tuesday thing and has been testing small amps with a lot of power.anyways man I'm pissed these things are giving me hell.i have the bass section taken care of woo man.i need to do a video,those sa 12's are hitting the lows and probably flexing,i haven't even parked and got out and looked.i know lame huh.just been too busy.

well bro wish the forum would pick up,damn where is everybody?
    Ya I wish this forum would pick up too, many of our regulars have moved onto other things, it's a dying hobbie it seems.

Yes behind the rear panels, my originally had 6x9's and at one point I had 6.5's back there. But now I just got rid of the rear fill all together, I need to take a look at it again back there to see just what I have to work with. It was just an idea I came up with the other day.

My sub amp is mounted back in storage box in the back, I made a metal bracket and mounted it back there. Completely hidden, and would be almost impossible to try and steal if someone wanted to break into the car in the parking lot or something.

Yep, the tweets really do make a different. High frequencies are much more directional. I was watching some vids, and a guy was using a laser pointer to help him aim. Not a bad idea.

4. plcrides

03-15-14 #24

yep i remember the rear compartment on the driver side.lol yea i have a laser pointer from hell it goes 500 yards but the way i built mine was i put a round white piece of paper taped to the windows on the sides and when i was building my kicks i held a flat piece of wood across the kick where the mid went and held a flashlight on it and pointed it at the place on the window.

today i took my tweeters out of my truck and used some tape to place them in different places,and i finally got it sounding better,while sitting in the pass/side where its lacking imaging i hooked the tweeter up out of phase and bam that pretty much did it.so remember that one dude haha.i read it before the whole phase thing but i didn't know which speaker it would effect or what side of the car.anyways that and a small adjustment on the dta and its enough for now.PRV'S will be here wed. so gotta start on that.need to remove seat.yuck.hey wanna see some kick ass kicks chris.let me dig them up for ya.

5. plcrides

03-16-14 #25

well today i took my driver seat out and installed.dont laugh from the future of 1990 one of my autoteks,haha the 100.ive been running wires and also cleaning up some of the existing wiring,looks like a damn birds nest.its sunday night and i will finnish tomorrow.PRV'S will be here in 3 days.cant wait.oh and i ordered some grills for my boston's.

6. plcrides

03-19-14 #26

PRV6mb200 6.5 mid bass speakers are now installed in doors,tons of sound deadener on metal part of door,the doors in my 2013 subie WRX are really nice panels no rattles yet to speak of.its late as hell and all i did was turn the key on to see if they were playing and yep.until then its almost 11,30 at night so i will play with tuning tomorrow,all i have to say is all this work,they better not effect my imaging or I'm going to be pissed off.

I've been looking online trying to find the test cd's and try to download as many of the bits and pieces i can find,but its hard to do when you have a stupid mac mini,you can't download crap,everything is windows.their is a way to set it up but I'm not a computer pro and it just seems like it would clutter things up,so I'm just going to keep on cussing my sister for talking me into getting this thing.ive been debating joining DIY audio but theirs probably some prick thats going to talk his little talk and piss me off,so guess i will stay here and talk to myself haha.

7. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    03-20-14 #27

Have you had a chance to play with them? How do they sound?

8. plcrides

03-20-14 #28

CHRISSSSS dude i installed them and I'm totally confused bro.i read all these threads about dedicated mid bass woofers and they say you must have your doors all sound deadened and a baffle or they will rattle soim like no problem i have all of that.i hooked them up today and they sound like tweeters dude.theirs no bass at all.i had the set of day tons picked out and they guy at PE talked me into getting the PRV'S and theirs no bass,so I'm confused.

i joined diy just now because i need help,i can return them but need to know what I'm supposed to really expect when installing them.do i hear bass or do i hear a certain hz that is where one speaker leaves off and the subs pick up ? well all i can hear are my kicks ,the bostons are putting out a lot of frequencies man.and really loud too all the mid bass speakers are doing is putting out treble and a very very small amount of bass that certainly won't rattle anything.what do you think dude.

9. Chris from Washington

Shitters full!
    03-20-14 #29

are you sure you have the crossovers hooked up correctly?
    If they are trying to play high frequencies that is the only thing I can think of, that the crossovers are not hooked up correctly.

Are you only using the crossovers that came with the speakers, or using the built in one in the amp too? Something else.
    Need more details.

10. plcrides

03-21-14 #30

no dude everything is good they just aren't made for bass,i told the guy exactly what i was wanting to do,but he said not to get the ones i wanted.and man from what i can tell,is you only get a real mid bass woofer if your only lacking mid bass and I'm not,so it was a lesson,i may put them in some cabinets i built a long time ago.i will post pics tomorrow its super late,but the only thing is.how often do you really crank a stereo in your house? i have surround sounds that jams if i throw a cd in you know.so i don't know,if i send them back i will lose money in shipping,but anyways i already took everything out,the speakers,wires,rca's,amp all of it.

I'm planning to make my kicks funnel up under my dash with this wire mesh screen i have,going to kinda roll it up like a funnel and wrap it with fleece and bata bing you know the rest,cut the backs off my kicks and proceed.i need to redo my kicks anyways,i bought grills from PE and there huge and hit the tweeter where its mounted at and i want to move it and put it in a sphere shape thing a ma jig lol.

Page 3 of 4 1234