Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

2008 Tacoma double cab time

Post all your general car audio questions here.
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

2008 Tacoma double cab time

Post by William from NOLA »

Ok. I am like 90% sure on buying a 2008 Tacoma double cab (V6, 2wd) as soon as I start work.

I've been trying to plan out my audio, and I think I've decided what I want to do.

Head Unit:
keeping the existing Alpine DVA-9861


Mains (6.5"):
something new from the following (or feel free to add some!)-
Boston Acoustics Pro
Boston Acoustics Z
Diamond Hex
Focal PolyKevlar
Focal Polyglass
Polk SR6500

My Rainbow CS230's will be rears.


Amps:
I may upgrade them, but it will stay as the JBL P180.2 and JBL BP600.1
boy I hope those Elevation amps are still around when I do :)


Subs:
I think I've figured out that I want Kicker CVT 12's or 10's (two, shallow-mount). I think it depends on which will fit. I have very limited room behind the rear seats. I believe to have about a max of 5.5" of depth for a sub. This is what I am going by as for measurments: https://shop.tacotunes.com/displayProdu ... tegoryId=3


Lend me some ideas if you've got any. Hopefully in a month I will be putting this all in.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
loudwagon15s
Senior Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Contact:

Post by loudwagon15s »

im not a big fan of the kicker cvt's, IMO they look like an ugly hub cap, if i were to go with a shallow mount, i'd go with the pioneer premiers
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

happy to hear that you are going with the Tacoma... I've driven the 07 and 08 model and they are just fantastic trucks... Much better than pre-2004. Im sure what ever you end up doing in it will come out great.
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
snoogins
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:47 pm

Post by snoogins »

Screw your rears, I want those Rainbows!
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

loudwagon15s wrote:im not a big fan of the kicker cvt's, IMO they look like an ugly hub cap, if i were to go with a shallow mount, i'd go with the pioneer premiers
I've seen too many poor reviews for the Pioneer shallow ones. I've pretty much figured this much for the shallow ones:
Kicker/Clarion/Exile > Kenwood > Pioneer

I don't really care what they look like. They just need to perform. I don't have much of a choice if I want to keep my back seat lol

CaptainPioneer wrote:happy to hear that you are going with the Tacoma... I've driven the 07 and 08 model and they are just fantastic trucks... Much better than pre-2004. Im sure what ever you end up doing in it will come out great.
I've driven an 07 and I liked it a lot. I'm still considering a few other vehicles, but I am mostly set on the Tacoma.
snoogins wrote:Screw your rears, I want those Rainbows!
Mine. :attitude
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

my dad has a quad cab tacoma '08, that thing rox!
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

that is the most ass backward shallow mount list i have ever seen lol
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

I really like the new Tacoma's, if I had a bigger garage I would get one. It would be a great 'haul the dirt bike around' truck!
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

lol it would be a great "haul whatever the hell you want to" truck!
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Bwcad1 wrote:that is the most ass backward shallow mount list i have ever seen lol
Why?

80% of the Pioneer reviews were bad and/or lacking.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
Post Reply