Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
sound from coax amp cuts off without turning off.
sound from coax amp cuts off without turning off.
Ok, I have a Phase Linear indash dvd. And an older amp, a puch 400.4 and also a hifonics 1200 watt amp.(brutus)
I have preouts for front and rear both going into the punch. and from the punch i have a pair of RCAs that goto the subwoofer from the line out.
The system keeps cutting off the sound that goes to the punch for 2-5 seconds at a time, but I can still hear the sub. How can this be?
I have preouts for front and rear both going into the punch. and from the punch i have a pair of RCAs that goto the subwoofer from the line out.
The system keeps cutting off the sound that goes to the punch for 2-5 seconds at a time, but I can still hear the sub. How can this be?
-
k0rnyfr33k
- Senior Member
- Posts: 473
- Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:07 pm
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
When this happens do any of the lights on the 400.4 come on?
Where do you have the gains set at on the Punch amp?
I'm not positive, but I think the line outs on the 400.4 are just pass through, so if your 400.4 goes into protection, the signal still goes to the next amp. So that could explain why the speakers to the Punch amp go out, and the subs connected to the other amp do not.
Where do you have the gains set at on the Punch amp?
I'm not positive, but I think the line outs on the 400.4 are just pass through, so if your 400.4 goes into protection, the signal still goes to the next amp. So that could explain why the speakers to the Punch amp go out, and the subs connected to the other amp do not.
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
nope. they are going down the passengers. i tihnk it might be something with the batery. because in idle if its sitting for a long time in idle it will eventually just give no sound. but if i start driving it will eventually it will go back to the brake thing. But today it was jumpstarted. and it ran fine with no cutoffs for a while.
Sounds like a power problem... Do you have any headlight dimming at night?
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer

