Hi,
I have an Alpine CDE-9881 with four Infinity speakers and a Pioneer Subwoofer (The sub is connected to a Sony amplifier). These are installed on a boat.
When I turn the radio up to a volume setting of somewhere between 12 and 14, the unit will stop producing sound and revert to a volume of 0.
What would cause the unit to reset to a volume of 0?
Would it be better to run the Infinity speakers through the amp and not use the Alpine's internal amp?
Thanks,
Will
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Alpine CDE-9881 Power Problem
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
If the head unit is automatically changing the volume as stated something is not right with it.
I would stick with a marine head unit. It has built in provisions for the extra moisture.
I would stick with a marine head unit. It has built in provisions for the extra moisture.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Pretty good chance that moisture got in there and messed something up, So I'm with Ryan on replacing with a marine unit... You could try routing from the rcas through an amp to get you by for now to see it it works.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer