Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
sony mobile Es
sony mobile Es
Yeah so I got this buddy who stumbled upon a Sony Mobile ES CDX C580.
We hooked it up and it seems like the volume control is messed up.
It seems like the knob slips, and for some reason it causes the unit not to make sound.
If you get the knob in the sweet spot it will come on everytime, if not you may turn it on and off several times before it comes back on.
The button inside the knob labeled source is loose also, cause when you turn the knob the button moves. He got the unit at a flea market for cheap, so it is no big loss, but he likes the unit and to be honest it is still in decent shape for its age.
Any ideas??
Tim
We hooked it up and it seems like the volume control is messed up.
It seems like the knob slips, and for some reason it causes the unit not to make sound.
If you get the knob in the sweet spot it will come on everytime, if not you may turn it on and off several times before it comes back on.
The button inside the knob labeled source is loose also, cause when you turn the knob the button moves. He got the unit at a flea market for cheap, so it is no big loss, but he likes the unit and to be honest it is still in decent shape for its age.
Any ideas??
Tim
They should... won't be an under warranty type thing though 
And if he don't know what he's got... offer to buy that POS of him (like we don't know better)
And if he don't know what he's got... offer to buy that POS of him (like we don't know better)
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
cargodz wrote:They should... won't be an under warranty type thing though
And if he don't know what he's got... offer to buy that POS of him (like we don't know better)![]()
Yeah I know it wouldn't be under warranty, and I have already tried to buy it from him :happy055: I guess great minds really do think alike.
Tim
Hey gnag guess what I got the Mobile ES deck from the guy that had it the other day. He got one he liked better so I got the ES. :excited:
I have already called sony and I am waiting on the work order stuff to get here.
I think the transport is shot and I know the volume knob has issues. Other than that I think that is all that is wrong with it.
Would anybody have a guess what the charge for labor may be??
or parts for that matter.
I hope it is not a fortune, I don't want to put more in it than I have to, but it is Mobile ES afterall.
Tim
I have already called sony and I am waiting on the work order stuff to get here.
I think the transport is shot and I know the volume knob has issues. Other than that I think that is all that is wrong with it.
Would anybody have a guess what the charge for labor may be??
or parts for that matter.
I hope it is not a fortune, I don't want to put more in it than I have to, but it is Mobile ES afterall.
Tim
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Probably $75 an hour or so and parts...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Glad to hear you got a hold of it... to bad your friend didn't know what he had 
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer