Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

sony mobile Es

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

sony mobile Es

Post by Tim »

Yeah so I got this buddy who stumbled upon a Sony Mobile ES CDX C580.
We hooked it up and it seems like the volume control is messed up.
It seems like the knob slips, and for some reason it causes the unit not to make sound.

If you get the knob in the sweet spot it will come on everytime, if not you may turn it on and off several times before it comes back on.

The button inside the knob labeled source is loose also, cause when you turn the knob the button moves. He got the unit at a flea market for cheap, so it is no big loss, but he likes the unit and to be honest it is still in decent shape for its age.

Any ideas??

Tim
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

send it out and get it fixed...es stuff is awesome
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

smoker wrote:send it out and get it fixed...es stuff is awesome

Tell me about it. I never could afford one back in the day, and here he is with one and don't even know what he got.

You reckon Sony would fix it being as old as it is??

Tim
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

They should... won't be an under warranty type thing though :p

And if he don't know what he's got... offer to buy that POS of him (like we don't know better) :D
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

cargodz wrote:They should... won't be an under warranty type thing though :p
And if he don't know what he's got... offer to buy that POS of him (like we don't know better) :D

Yeah I know it wouldn't be under warranty, and I have already tried to buy it from him :happy055: I guess great minds really do think alike.

Tim
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Sony won't repair it, but they will give you the contact info for an authorized Sony repair shop in your area.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

JeremyC wrote:Sony won't repair it, but they will give you the contact info for an authorized Sony repair shop in your area.

Good to know. I will pass it on to the dude,

Tim
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

Hey gnag guess what I got the Mobile ES deck from the guy that had it the other day. He got one he liked better so I got the ES. :excited:

I have already called sony and I am waiting on the work order stuff to get here.

I think the transport is shot and I know the volume knob has issues. Other than that I think that is all that is wrong with it.

Would anybody have a guess what the charge for labor may be??
or parts for that matter.

I hope it is not a fortune, I don't want to put more in it than I have to, but it is Mobile ES afterall.

Tim
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Probably $75 an hour or so and parts...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Glad to hear you got a hold of it... to bad your friend didn't know what he had :D
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Post Reply