Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Xbox sucks...
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
-
k0rnyfr33k
- Senior Member
- Posts: 473
- Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:07 pm
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
listen to Kat Williams skit about "Steroids" sorta like Fraud but its hillarious... I think its on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjiIirDgHzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjiIirDgHzI
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
All of my friends have had their xbox's overheat... the microsoft told them that if it is too close to another electronic (like the tv), the heat given from that other electronic can overheat it. My box is always on the floor away from the tv, i never had a problem. Everyone else keeps it next to thier tv, and they had to sent theirs in...
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
SHHHHHHHH..... I thought we agreed to never bring that up again?!?!?k0rnyfr33k wrote:Justin, don't act like you have never committed fraud before...lol
Mines on the floor too, atleast until I find a better spot.... It'll probably stay on the floor...All of my friends have had their xbox's overheat... the microsoft told them that if it is too close to another electronic (like the tv), the heat given from that other electronic can overheat it. My box is always on the floor away from the tv, i never had a problem. Everyone else keeps it next to thier tv, and they had to sent theirs in...
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
-
ZeroAccess
- Senior Member
- Posts: 780
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:58 pm
I'm an expert at the Xbox I've logged like 20+ hrs a day on it when I was depressed and lonely...thats when I was away from caraudiocentral.net for a long time
.
Now I'm happy and excited about shit...so uhh yea anyways..seriously I can fix it over the phone or hell over the net.
As far as the overheat issue, here's what I did
I took the metal rack outta the microwave and secured it to my entertainment system then I took the Xbox and ziptied it the rack. its secured 5 inches in the air with bushings on the entertainment system to keep it from moving or any accidental bumps would be absorbed by the bushings.
I can't remember what the temperature was (haven't played since I been playing WOW) but I remember at one point after a 3 day sprint the Xbox gained like 3 degrees over normal and I bought three external fans and used 2 to pull heat and one to push fresh air into the Xbox...yea talk about cold...got too cold lol
so the rack thing worked perfect :)
Anyways, I may even have a few extra power supplies laying around, I remember at one point I had some from when I was rebuilding some Xbox's for friends....
Let me see what I can find in the basement
Now I'm happy and excited about shit...so uhh yea anyways..seriously I can fix it over the phone or hell over the net.
As far as the overheat issue, here's what I did
I took the metal rack outta the microwave and secured it to my entertainment system then I took the Xbox and ziptied it the rack. its secured 5 inches in the air with bushings on the entertainment system to keep it from moving or any accidental bumps would be absorbed by the bushings.
I can't remember what the temperature was (haven't played since I been playing WOW) but I remember at one point after a 3 day sprint the Xbox gained like 3 degrees over normal and I bought three external fans and used 2 to pull heat and one to push fresh air into the Xbox...yea talk about cold...got too cold lol
so the rack thing worked perfect :)
Anyways, I may even have a few extra power supplies laying around, I remember at one point I had some from when I was rebuilding some Xbox's for friends....
Let me see what I can find in the basement
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
Haha, I can picture you building a bomb shelter around your xbox... Literally!ZeroAccess wrote:I'm an expert at the Xbox I've logged like 20+ hrs a day on it when I was depressed and lonely...thats when I was away from caraudiocentral.net for a long time.
Now I'm happy and excited about shit...so uhh yea anyways..seriously I can fix it over the phone or hell over the net.
As far as the overheat issue, here's what I did
I took the metal rack outta the microwave and secured it to my entertainment system then I took the Xbox and ziptied it the rack. its secured 5 inches in the air with bushings on the entertainment system to keep it from moving or any accidental bumps would be absorbed by the bushings.
I can't remember what the temperature was (haven't played since I been playing WOW) but I remember at one point after a 3 day sprint the Xbox gained like 3 degrees over normal and I bought three external fans and used 2 to pull heat and one to push fresh air into the Xbox...yea talk about cold...got too cold lol
so the rack thing worked perfect :)
Anyways, I may even have a few extra power supplies laying around, I remember at one point I had some from when I was rebuilding some Xbox's for friends....
Let me see what I can find in the basement
-
ZeroAccess
- Senior Member
- Posts: 780
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:58 pm
lol, When I was addicted to it I had two at all times just in case something happened to it and at one point 3 copies of Halo3 in case one got scratched.
I got pretty damn good at that game and was gonna fly to florida to play in the MLG tournament but unfortunately things didn't work out for me.
But yea, I had the whole setup
I got pretty damn good at that game and was gonna fly to florida to play in the MLG tournament but unfortunately things didn't work out for me.
But yea, I had the whole setup

