Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Monte Carlo Deck Help
-
MonteCarlo
- Junior Member
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 am
Monte Carlo Deck Help
Hey guys, brand new to the site. I have an 02 Monte Carlo SS and I'm looking to putting in a cd deck. I have stock right now and I want to hook up my zune to the deck so i get better sond quality than a stupid radio transmitter. I have been told alpine and pioneer are the way to go. If anyone can suggest a unit that would be great!
Thanks!
Thanks!
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Dont forget JVC.
For the most part it comes down to cost and features desired.
For the most part it comes down to cost and features desired.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
MonteCarlo
- Junior Member
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 am
I know that the ipod and the zune are to different creatures, but the Alpine X-100, is based on the Ipod idea. It has no cd slot and all the ins and outs to hook up the Ipod. Like Bill said cruise over to alpine and pioneers sites and check it out.
There are a couple people on this forum with the alpine, and Im sure that there are pioneer units on here as well.
Tim
There are a couple people on this forum with the alpine, and Im sure that there are pioneer units on here as well.
Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
-
MonteCarlo
- Junior Member
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 am
I talked to my buddy over at BB and we both agreed on the Pioneer 6000 cause it looks pretty sweet and its got the aux input which i would use for the zune. Then we talked about speakers and he recommended the infinity 6 1/2's for starters. He said we should just put those in first and see how it sounds before we get the 6x9's. Should we just do the rear also?
That Pioneer is a decent model and should fit your needs nicely... I like a lot of others here would recommend that you look into components up front (amplifier powered) and just forget the rears. If you feel you must have rears, look into some midbass speakers... If it's better sound quality you're looking for than this is the way to go 
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
What are you looking for?? sound quality or just quality sound?? causemost of your sound quality setups dont even run rear fill. Or like mike said midbass.
I dont have rear fill at all. took them out awhile back.
Just depends on what you want.
tim
I dont have rear fill at all. took them out awhile back.
Just depends on what you want.
tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr

