Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
loud button
loud button
Hey everybody, I got a question. When I play a certain couple songs my front speakers "pop" on the bass notes. It is really quite disturbing. The other day I noticed it and I thought why not, I pressed the loud button and the pop went away.
I realize that when the button is off and the speakers pop, the stereo could be clipping, but why does it go away when the loud button is pressed??
Does the extra ~6 db the button adds just mask the pop I'm hearing or what?? It seems to me it would make it worse.
Thanks,
Tim
I realize that when the button is off and the speakers pop, the stereo could be clipping, but why does it go away when the loud button is pressed??
Does the extra ~6 db the button adds just mask the pop I'm hearing or what?? It seems to me it would make it worse.
Thanks,
Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
? The loud button usually only makes things worse... Never heard of it making it better? lol
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Me neither. I never use the loud button, but it seems to have made a difference at least on these three songs. It has completely got me puzzled.
At first I thought the internal amp was clipping, but when I pressed the loud button it made it sound better.
I thought maybe the extra few decibles was pumping up the low end of the sound and drowning out the "pops".
Keep thinking on it and keep the ideas coming.
Tim
At first I thought the internal amp was clipping, but when I pressed the loud button it made it sound better.
I thought maybe the extra few decibles was pumping up the low end of the sound and drowning out the "pops".
Keep thinking on it and keep the ideas coming.
Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
nope no amp just the deck.CaptainPioneer wrote:do you have an amp connected or are you powering the speakers of the Deck?
Maybe the Loud button is sending extra watts to the speaker hence creating less clipping???
Sorry thats probably a crappy answer.
it may be. that is about the only thing I can think of.
ahh no worries, it still gives me something to chew on.
tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr