Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Head Unit Selection

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

NorthQuad wrote:Dude, that came out way better than I though it would.
^ Hell ya it did :thumbsup
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

thats freaking awesome how much was it? more info!
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

The polish is made by Novus.

Heres the guy I bought from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D3

Thats the best price I could find on a quick search. Some websites had it but wanted like $18 for a kit + shipping.

The seller was super quick to ship also...

Its a bit of work. You need to tear the face apart. Need to clean the cracks and button holes out well also. I put about an hour into polishing the scratches out. I got 95% of them. Not worth going after the others. What remains were some of the deeper scratches but they are much smaller now.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Well today I was getting my RCAs all plugged in. Making sure my Remote wire was attached to the right output also.

Went to put the unit back in place. Got my trim back in place.

HU wont work? It will eject and accept CDs and thats it.

Im a bit pissed now.

WTF is up with stuff lately?
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Man, you have some horrible luck with electronics lately. I think you need to check to see if you have some kind of electrical energy running through you. I'll have to call you Rayden or something.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

After some head scratching I decided to test the 12V Swtiched. Of course, no power on the pin. Checked fuse, it was blown... :(

All is well now.

I just dont know what I did to cause a fuse to blow in the first place...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

Ryan from Ohio wrote:After some head scratching I decided to test the 12V Swtiched. Of course, no power on the pin. Checked fuse, it was blown... :(
All is well now.
I just dont know what I did to cause a fuse to blow in the first place...

Heres a stupid respnse but....Are you sure the fuse wasnt blown already. Myabe when you got the unit. Or did you check that??

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Ive been using it for some time.

I had to pull it out to hook up my RCAs and make sure the remote wire was on also
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

i've blown a fuse on those before when I was using a dmm to try and figure out which was one switched and which was constant.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

Ryan from Ohio wrote:Ive been using it for some time.
I had to pull it out to hook up my RCAs and make sure the remote wire was on also

hmmm. that is sorta odd then aint it.

oh well long as its working now.

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Post Reply