Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Hey, I know you!

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

Haha. Awww.... that's funny.

I don't even know enough about the subject or I'd be all up in this overclocking conversation.
dave.
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

wow not one overclocker?
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

I am.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

I haven't overclocked for a while, I never noticed much gain when I did and my current processor isn't unlocked.

Maybe when I get a new Pentium I'll do it again.
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

LOL Well buddy, new pentium is kind of an oxymoron now days. Pentium is an old name no longer used by intel. Its Core 2 and Core I7. You want an I7! I promise!

As far as seeing performance gains, you won't in normal computing. You will see gains in audio and video conversion/compression, and you will also gain a few fps in games. Anything thats gonna put your processor under stress for more than a few seconds will show noticeable speed improvement. However you will run into instability if not done properly, or if you push it to hard. Now overclocking your video card on the other hand, you see big fps gains when done right!
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
Post Reply