Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

I need help with Clation VX400 touch screen

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
erynlynee
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:57 am

I need help with Clation VX400 touch screen

Post by erynlynee »

I just had a Clarion vx400 installed in my car last night. I was messing with the general settings and was trying to set the monitor brightness. Somehow I accidentally got on the ts calibration screen. When it told me to touch the corners, I didn't know that I was supposed to touch the little squares and I touched the very top edge corners. When I finsihed that it went back to the main screen but when I tried to push the "general" button again, the "clock" button right under it lit up. Now when I touch the screen nothing happens. and I can't reset it because I can't get back to the settings screen to reset it. I have tried pushing the reset button on the front of thr radio and that does not work. What do I do. I think I have set the calibration way off and don't know how to get it back. Can someone please please help???
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Unplug it from the car for 30 mins and try again. If that doesnt work call Clarion...
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
erynlynee
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:57 am

Post by erynlynee »

Ok thanks I will try that.
erynlynee
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:57 am

Post by erynlynee »

ok so i am on the clarion website and can't find a number to call them


nevermind i found it
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Clarion Corporation of America

6200 Gateway Drive, Cypress, CA 90630, U.S.A.
Customer Service: 800-347-8667
Phone: 800-GO-CLARION (462-5274)
Fax: 310-327-1999
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
erynlynee
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:57 am

Post by erynlynee »

lol thanks i found it right before you sent that.
DanO
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:33 am

Post by DanO »

Hi - I did the same thing. The instructions said "touch the corners", not the squares. Now the buttons are inoperable with no way to return to the Settings screen.

Just curious if you had success in resetting the unit by either using the "Reset" button on the front or by disconnecting the unit. I found little help in contacting Clarion Support.
Post Reply