Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
2010 toyota tacoma help
-
spielightdude
- Junior Member
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 am
2010 toyota tacoma help
Hi everyone,
I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma and am lookin
To do a total car audio overhaul. Its got the base
Stereo the front doors rear speakers if you can even
Call them that and the base head unit.
My budget is 1500 for all parts and installation. I would
Do the installation myself but am legally borderne
color blind. I Can still see most colors but
Don't want to risk anything.
I am looking to do front components an 8 or 10 inch sub
In a sealed box figure 4 channel amp rear 2
To power the sub. Would love an in dash nav
unit but I know that's probably pushing the
budget. A good soild did DVD head unit would also
be great want iPod control HD radio and Bluetooth
RSS would be nice but not a gotta have.
I have had infinity reference components and coaxals
With a Jensen head unit. That was a mistake
I learned the hard way.
Any suggestions or reccomendations are greatly
welcomed.
Thanks
Joe
I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma and am lookin
To do a total car audio overhaul. Its got the base
Stereo the front doors rear speakers if you can even
Call them that and the base head unit.
My budget is 1500 for all parts and installation. I would
Do the installation myself but am legally borderne
color blind. I Can still see most colors but
Don't want to risk anything.
I am looking to do front components an 8 or 10 inch sub
In a sealed box figure 4 channel amp rear 2
To power the sub. Would love an in dash nav
unit but I know that's probably pushing the
budget. A good soild did DVD head unit would also
be great want iPod control HD radio and Bluetooth
RSS would be nice but not a gotta have.
I have had infinity reference components and coaxals
With a Jensen head unit. That was a mistake
I learned the hard way.
Any suggestions or reccomendations are greatly
welcomed.
Thanks
Joe
Joe is sounds like your off to a good start. The budget and plan are exactly what I would suggest.
I don't see you getting a DVD deck inside of your budget. But I do have an idea that I've installed a few times, and really loved.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x305s/
Do a google search, and you can find it for 250 to 300.
Components you will really have to listen to some to figure out what you like. So check out some diffrent car audio places, and demo some of your favorite music. Then tell us what you find, we will let you know what we think, or suggest something better with the same sound / price range.
Subs, I would suggest peerless, or seas. You can get both for a great price, and they sound amazing. But we need to know more about the area you plan on putting the box in.
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ap ... ubwoofers/
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... r=264-1108
I would try to do a 10 if you can fit it. If not two 8s will work. Again its all dependant on the area you have to put the box.
Amps will be pretty easy. Alpine makes some pretty killer class d 4 channels.
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-5479-pdx-41 ... ifier.aspx
That will put you at 900, add in a good component set (around 200) and you still have 400 for the install.
I don't see you getting a DVD deck inside of your budget. But I do have an idea that I've installed a few times, and really loved.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x305s/
Do a google search, and you can find it for 250 to 300.
Components you will really have to listen to some to figure out what you like. So check out some diffrent car audio places, and demo some of your favorite music. Then tell us what you find, we will let you know what we think, or suggest something better with the same sound / price range.
Subs, I would suggest peerless, or seas. You can get both for a great price, and they sound amazing. But we need to know more about the area you plan on putting the box in.
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ap ... ubwoofers/
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... r=264-1108
I would try to do a 10 if you can fit it. If not two 8s will work. Again its all dependant on the area you have to put the box.
Amps will be pretty easy. Alpine makes some pretty killer class d 4 channels.
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-5479-pdx-41 ... ifier.aspx
That will put you at 900, add in a good component set (around 200) and you still have 400 for the install.
-
spielightdude
- Junior Member
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 am
Hi Jeremy,
Thank you for the reply and links. I like the looks of the alpine HU.
I forgot to mention that my old car it was a 2008 jeep liberty and I also
had a 10" infinity sub in the back in a small ported box. It sounded really good and I had the whole thing
Professionally installed,then about 2 years and 1 week later the JL class D mono block amp had the output stage totally
die on me and no one could figure out why.
For components i'm looking at:
Pioneer TS-A1604C
Polk Audio DXi6500
Focal Access 165A1 SG
JL Audio C2650
Focal Integration IS 165
Infinity Kappa 60.11cs
Infinity Kappa 60.9cs
I like the sub you sent the link for and was also debating about the Infinity 100.9w?
Thanks again and will take notes when I'm at the shop tomorrow.
Any tips about what one should or should not do when at the shop>?
Thank you for the reply and links. I like the looks of the alpine HU.
I forgot to mention that my old car it was a 2008 jeep liberty and I also
had a 10" infinity sub in the back in a small ported box. It sounded really good and I had the whole thing
Professionally installed,then about 2 years and 1 week later the JL class D mono block amp had the output stage totally
die on me and no one could figure out why.
For components i'm looking at:
Pioneer TS-A1604C
Polk Audio DXi6500
Focal Access 165A1 SG
JL Audio C2650
Focal Integration IS 165
Infinity Kappa 60.11cs
Infinity Kappa 60.9cs
I like the sub you sent the link for and was also debating about the Infinity 100.9w?
Thanks again and will take notes when I'm at the shop tomorrow.
Any tips about what one should or should not do when at the shop>?
I've installed, recomended and tuned a lot of those alpine decks. I've been really impressed with it. And its the ONLY deck I tune with the loud turned on.
As for the components, I've heard good things about the Polks. And JL has had some good bang for the buck components for a while. But you really need to listen to them before you make a decesion. And keep in mind, if you listen in a big open demo room, and they seem bright, your car will probably be even brighter because of reflections.
I'm not a fan of Focal's lower lines. I think you can do better for the money.
I've never been a fan of Infinitie's components. They are WAY to bright. If you can demo them, check out Morel Tempo 6s. They might not have enough mid bass punch for your taste, but morels soft dome tweets are amazing. And with a good sub like the XLS you can probably pull it off.
Here is another Pioneer set for you to check out. Its a little nicer set than the one you listed.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=267-285
I would put the Peerless sub above the infinity any day of the week. Peerless is one of those rarely heard of KILLER brands. They make amazing speakers. Seas, and Scan Speak fall in the same catagory. I've actually been trying to find a Seas or Peerless component set in your price range, but its just not happening.
And I just noticed, I actually linked you to the wrong peerless sub.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... r=264-1106
You could use either, but the XLS has to be ported or ran with a Passive radiator (peerless makes one to match)
The XXLS can be run sealed (what i would recomend for it) and its 4 ohm so you will have about 150 watts of headroom.
Both subs will give you close to the same output in their required enclosure. Its juts a matter of how much room do you have, and if you want to run sealed or ported.
What cab is your truck? Where do you plan on putting the sub?
As for the components, I've heard good things about the Polks. And JL has had some good bang for the buck components for a while. But you really need to listen to them before you make a decesion. And keep in mind, if you listen in a big open demo room, and they seem bright, your car will probably be even brighter because of reflections.
I'm not a fan of Focal's lower lines. I think you can do better for the money.
I've never been a fan of Infinitie's components. They are WAY to bright. If you can demo them, check out Morel Tempo 6s. They might not have enough mid bass punch for your taste, but morels soft dome tweets are amazing. And with a good sub like the XLS you can probably pull it off.
Here is another Pioneer set for you to check out. Its a little nicer set than the one you listed.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=267-285
I would put the Peerless sub above the infinity any day of the week. Peerless is one of those rarely heard of KILLER brands. They make amazing speakers. Seas, and Scan Speak fall in the same catagory. I've actually been trying to find a Seas or Peerless component set in your price range, but its just not happening.
And I just noticed, I actually linked you to the wrong peerless sub.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... r=264-1106
You could use either, but the XLS has to be ported or ran with a Passive radiator (peerless makes one to match)
The XXLS can be run sealed (what i would recomend for it) and its 4 ohm so you will have about 150 watts of headroom.
Both subs will give you close to the same output in their required enclosure. Its juts a matter of how much room do you have, and if you want to run sealed or ported.
What cab is your truck? Where do you plan on putting the sub?
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
Jeremy knows his stuff. If he's recommending it, you can bet it's a good deal.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Dude!!!
I found you an amp.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car ... 400-a.html
I know its used, but 290 shipped is a steal.
Its a $1200 amp. Built by one of the top sq companies.
http://www.amazon.com/LRx-4-1k-Audison- ... B003VCFA9U
If that doesn't work out. There is also a JL HD listed for 400.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car ... 0-4-a.html
I found you an amp.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car ... 400-a.html
I know its used, but 290 shipped is a steal.
Its a $1200 amp. Built by one of the top sq companies.
http://www.amazon.com/LRx-4-1k-Audison- ... B003VCFA9U
If that doesn't work out. There is also a JL HD listed for 400.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car ... 0-4-a.html
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
I tried to carry Audison/Hertz when I first got started with my business. I ended up with Zapco and Morel. Now I'm getting away from all that stuff. Just not enough of a call for it. I'll buy it and put it in my own vehicles, but I don't stock it. Here in Abilene a top of the line amplifier is pretty anything that still has the factory box with it. lol.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
I should be able to still get it. I haven't requested any pieces in quite a while. I ran my whole car off an i-force 5100.7. I still have the used one I can't seem to give away, and I've got a brand new one still in the box. You know anybody who needs a quality 7 channel amp?
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy