Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Helix Slim 12

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
AmericanPride
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:00 am

Helix Slim 12

Post by AmericanPride »

Anybody have any experience with these?

I'm thinking about running 2 of these in my extended Ranger. I'm going to build a box like a false floor with the subs down firing. I thought about port/vented but the requirements for air are almost double.

I want the best response possible without selling my first born.

Any tips?

Thanks!
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

AmericanPride wrote:Anybody have any experience with these?

I'm thinking about running 2 of these in my extended Ranger. I'm going to build a box like a false floor with the subs down firing. I thought about port/vented but the requirements for air are almost double.

I want the best response possible without selling my first born.

Any tips?

Thanks!
I don't have any experience with those, but I've used the Dayton shallow mounts and they sounded good but I ended up blowing that one pretty quick.

I now have the Pioneer shallow mount, and so far so good.
AmericanPride
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:00 am

Re: Helix Slim 12

Post by AmericanPride »

Chris from Washington wrote:I don't have any experience with those, but I've used the Dayton shallow mounts and they sounded good but I ended up blowing that one pretty quick.

I now have the Pioneer shallow mount, and so far so good.
I'm actually an Installer, I've just never seen these in town. I know they're a good brand...I just really don't have experience with the brand personally and honestly have installed maybe 3 slims over the years. Lol.

I'm really not a fan of Pioneer since the Wal Mart deal. I would go fosgate even first.

The Helix just has a nice design and she looks a lot tougher than everybody else. Unfortunately a normal sub just won't work for me right now. I may ditch the 60/40 split for buckets and I'll build a custom console with a glass enclosure in it eventually.

Image
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

It looks very similar to the Dayton sub I had
Image
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

Oh I thought about the Fosgate shallow, but it's mounting depth was too deep to put into my 4Runner.
I only had like 2.5 inches to work with, and the Fosgate I think was 3.5.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

I think kicker has a shallow sub that is suppose to be pretty good.
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AmericanPride
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:00 am

Re: Helix Slim 12

Post by AmericanPride »

MobileAudio219 wrote:I think kicker has a shallow sub that is suppose to be pretty good.
Not anymore. They went wal mart too. :-(
AmericanPride
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:00 am

Re: Helix Slim 12

Post by AmericanPride »

Chris from Washington wrote:I don't have any experience with those, but I've used the Dayton shallow mounts and they sounded good but I ended up blowing that one pretty quick.

I now have the Pioneer shallow mount, and so far so good.
What happened to my reply with a picture?

[ATTACH]

Pioneer and Kicker both went Wal Mart. Not what they used to be.

I like the design of the Helix and I know it's a quality brand. Just nobody carries them here and I've only installed I think 3 slims over my years installing. So I'm not too familiar. Lol
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1357019342399.jpg
Post Reply