Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Powerhorns
-
latoya0511
- Member
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 am
Powerhorns
How do you feel about powerhorns? I thought about installing them at one point. I always hear everybody say go get them at radioshack for about $25 a piece.Do you think its worth it? Should i just get a regular audio setup.
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
Re: Powerhorns
Horns were really big back in the mid/late 90's but they quickly started to fad after that.
I don't really follow comps anymore, but I don't think most anyone uses them in a car for daily driving anymore. They just take up so much room
Plus anything from Radio Shack is going to be low quality, so I wouldn't even waste $25 on it.
I don't really follow comps anymore, but I don't think most anyone uses them in a car for daily driving anymore. They just take up so much room
Plus anything from Radio Shack is going to be low quality, so I wouldn't even waste $25 on it.
Re: Powerhorns
dude unless you are in a crowded city and wanna scare people silly like where im at i dont think there is a need for one. its just annoying . unless they have ones where you can tune the volume and use when necessary. then go for it
-
latoya0511
- Member
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 am
Re: Powerhorns
Im not talking about powerhorns that you use on your car for a horn. Where i stay they put them in the grill of the car and run the stereo through it.
[video=youtube;m5w8eToCZtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5w8eToCZtI[/video]
[video=youtube;m5w8eToCZtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5w8eToCZtI[/video]
Re: Powerhorns
latoya0511 wrote:Im not talking about powerhorns that you use on your car for a horn. Where i stay they put them in the grill of the car and run the stereo through it.
[video=youtube;m5w8eToCZtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5w8eToCZtI[/video]
ah ok i didnt even know you can do that. do you hve an amp ?
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
Re: Powerhorns
That's actually different than what I was thinking, or maybe it's the same.
Just never seen anything mounted in the grill before.
I wonder if that would last very long exposed to the elements.
Just never seen anything mounted in the grill before.
I wonder if that would last very long exposed to the elements.
Re: Powerhorns
[video=youtube_share;et6DsrHsc3E]http://youtu.be/et6DsrHsc3E[/video]
i guess its pretty cool but i dont think people care much when you pass em by . and just gets you warnings from the POOLEASE
i guess its pretty cool but i dont think people care much when you pass em by . and just gets you warnings from the POOLEASE
-
latoya0511
- Member
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 am
Re: Powerhorns
Yea that is the problem the police can mess wit you. I mean its very popular around herewulfman wrote:[video=youtube_share;et6DsrHsc3E]http://youtu.be/et6DsrHsc3E[/video]
i guess its pretty cool but i dont think people care much when you pass em by . and just gets you warnings from the POOLEASE