Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Wiring Help

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
Spydrc
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

Wiring Help

Post by Spydrc »

Hi all, I'm trying to add an equaliser and amp to my factory head unit but the parking sensors use the speakers to indicate the location of an object. If I use a y connector to get all 4 channels to 2 for the equaliser, when it splits will I still have control of all channels from the HU?
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Wiring Help

Post by Chris from Washington »

Hi Welcome to the forum, could you explain this a little more.

What type of car, and what model equipment are you trying to install?

hopefully we'll be able to answer your question with that info
Spydrc
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

Wiring Help

Post by Spydrc »

It's a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (2014)
I am installing a Soundstream BX-4EQ equalizer with a Vibe SlickS4-V2 4 channel amp.

I want to be able to have full control of all speakers through the head unit so wondering if that would be possible if I were to use a y connector to link front (l+r) and rear (l+r) channels to make two channels to go into the equalizer. If so would it then split correctly when it goes out to the amplifier?
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Wiring Help

Post by Chris from Washington »

OK,
Since you have the factory head unit, and a 4 channel amp.
I think what you want is one of these.

This will convert your hi level speaker wires into 4 channel RCAs. then those would plug into your EQ. Then from there, you go from the output of the EQ to the inputs of the amp.

I think that's what you're trying to accomplish correct?
Spydrc
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

Re: Wiring Help

Post by Spydrc »

Yes it is but with that there is four channels to go into two at the equalizer. So if I use a 'y' connector to create to channels will I be able to still get my four channels in the end and still controlled by the HU
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Wiring Help

Post by Chris from Washington »

Spydrc wrote:Yes it is but with that there is four channels to go into two at the equalizer. So if I use a 'y' connector to create to channels will I be able to still get my four channels in the end and still controlled by the HU
just looked at that EQ more closely, I thought it had 4 inputs. but it only has 2.

So you will take 2 channels from you head unit and hook them to the main input. then the EQ does all you fading etc.
Soundstream BX-4EQ Owner's Manual (Page 5 of 7)
Spydrc
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:48 am

Re: Wiring Help

Post by Spydrc »

Ok will give it a try today and let you know how I get on with it.
Post Reply