Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Newbie to the audio world needs help with purchase!!!

Post all your general car audio questions here.
cyberface
Junior Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:30 am

Newbie to the audio world needs help with purchase!!!

Post by cyberface »

I'm shopping for a system to put in my 2005 Roush Mustang. A friend says I should go with JL Audio W3 10" woofer and a JL Audio 250/1 amp. I went to a local shop and they said that a Crossfire VR600D Amp for $449 and A crossfire DB310D woofer for $119 would be the way to go. My friend says that I would be loosing power with the Crossfire system because I would need two 10"'s to get what the crossfire amp is pushing. It's been many years since I bought a system for my car. Can anyone help me with this or does anyone have a suggesstion for a better system.
Thanks.
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

well to be honest, im a mustang guy and if i had a roush mustang i wouldnt touch it. just drive it fast. but if you are bound to do thisi would look around a lot more. i dont know a lot about crossfire but i have owned a jl 250/1 and it was alright. unfortunately there is more power out there for the money that the jl will run you. that being said the jl has a lot of features and is a nice amp. but without know what type of budget your on its hard to make recomendations based on what i like.
cyberface
Junior Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:30 am

Post by cyberface »

smoker wrote:well to be honest, im a mustang guy and if i had a roush mustang i wouldnt touch it. just drive it fast. but if you are bound to do thisi would look around a lot more. i dont know a lot about crossfire but i have owned a jl 250/1 and it was alright. unfortunately there is more power out there for the money that the jl will run you. that being said the jl has a lot of features and is a nice amp. but without know what type of budget your on its hard to make recomendations based on what i like.
The roush came with a Shaker 500. I wanted to get a Shaker 100 which came with it's own sub, but they didn't have that on a roush. I'm trying to keep my budget on this around $700 -1000.
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

im a mustang guy too i drive a 91 gt. i would put a very kick ass system in there. id do a elevation audio pro 12 and maybe an elevation audio xs200.2 for it or an autotek 500 watt mono.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

plenty of good companies out there.
better off naming a budget and telling us what you want to do or get out of the system.. your musical tastes etc.. otherwise you'll get a hundred different suggestions from a hundred different people
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
cyberface
Junior Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:30 am

Post by cyberface »

KikiTheCat wrote:plenty of good companies out there.
better off naming a budget and telling us what you want to do or get out of the system.. your musical tastes etc.. otherwise you'll get a hundred different suggestions from a hundred different people
As far as budget I would like to stay between $700 and $1000. I already have plenty of mids and highs so all I think i need is subs. The Shaker 500 that came with the car is really good. My musical tastes vary greatly.... classic rock to rap to techno....even some country....but don't tell anyone. I don't really need anything that's going to win a competition. I just want a great sound. I hope this clarifies my need a bit.
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

man for a grand you can get about anything within reason that you want, especially if you do your own work. where are you located. maybe someone here has a hook up for you....
cyberface
Junior Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:30 am

Post by cyberface »

smoker wrote:man for a grand you can get about anything within reason that you want, especially if you do your own work. where are you located. maybe someone here has a hook up for you....
I'm in the McComb, Mississippi area.
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

i dont know if anyone on the board is that way or not but maybe theyll post here and be able to help you out. i dont know what is available in your area but for a grand or so you can do a lot better than a 10w3 and a 250/1.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

That single 10" JL and JL amp will work. You might feel a little lacking...

I would go with a single 12" Sub of a sort.

Im assuming its a stock Alternator, so you want to keep it in reason...

Maybe 1 12" JL W3 and that JL 250/1

I dont see a problem with that. Good quality equipment, just a bit pricey. have them install it with your factory stuff...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Post Reply