Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

New Orion Amps

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

throw them in a ported box and i doubt you would know a difference.
grmncrsnbr
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by grmncrsnbr »

Whats size box and port would you recommend for this?
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

ill have to look at the paramters to figure that out.
grmncrsnbr
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by grmncrsnbr »

Do you think itll take a box bigger than 2.26?
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

i would say it could handle 3-3.5 cf tuned around 28-30hz im in ohio and i sell bravox. if you want to drive here let me know! lol
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

for a single 12 i would say 2-2.25 cubes can ruffly 30-34 hz tuning.
grmncrsnbr
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by grmncrsnbr »

Im looking at just getting a ten my VW has no problem helpin it get loud haha. I have a box right now for two tens that is roughly 2.26 ft^3 and would like to just alter it if I can so I dont have to go buy another one. So how much would the recommended volume change for a single 10?


Id love to cme up to Ohio but Im heading back to school tomorrow. I could use some more knowledge on all this stuff Id really like to do some custom installs myself since I really enjoy audio set ups.



Sinister I know you say you are getting into home audio, my dad and I are going to build a 5.1 system for our basement and I could use a little help on that is there an easier way to get a hold of you?
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

i have msn messenger if you got that. im just getting into but im sure i could help out some atleast.
grmncrsnbr
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by grmncrsnbr »

Ive been messing around with WinISD online since I cant put it on my work comp. With a box size od 2.25 tuned to about 30 hz Im getting a curve that crosses the 0dB line at about 30Hz and hits -3dB at around 28Hz. After going into positive dB it drops back down to negative before going back up to zero is that a good response?
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

kinda i think that its doing it from too big of a box or trying to tune lower than the box wants you too.
Post Reply