Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Best Components for me?
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
-
Mithrandir
- Senior Member
- Posts: 799
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am
Hello,
I'm the voice of unpopular opinion.
Head Unit: Alpine CDA7897
Why are you choosing this headunit? Seems to be a heavy premium for the Alpine name and not much else these days. I'd suggest almost anything else here, for a system on a budget. Clarion has some nice decks out there, Kenwood, JVC, even Sony (if you're an MP3 fan) these companies all have good products at the higher end and cost hundreds less than comparable Alpines, but have more features. Each company I mentioned makes use of good DACs and Burr Browns, for example... in HUs obtainable in the $200 or less range.
Subwoofers: Resonant Engineering RE12s
I guess thats alright... depending on price?
Sub Amp: Kicker KX350.2
Too much money for what you get IMO, and the cosmetics are horrid. Two quick suggestions, Phoenix Gold is comparable in price, or look at Exile audio.
Rear Speakers: Clarion 6x9s
This isn't needed. And whats worse, will be pretty bad if you're putting subs in the trunk. You oughta leave the holes in the deck open.
Component Amp: Coustic 360u 100w RMSx2 Channels
If you buy good components, and a cheap amp like this, I would expect the end result to be a lousy one.
Infinity Kappa Perfects at Soniceletronix = 279$. But after adding the shipping and handling it's around the 400$ mark.
Again, $400 comps on a $100 amp?
For components, check out the "surplus" under car audio at http://www.cadencesound.com $79 hard to beat.
Then get a decent 100 or 150 watt 2ch amp.
If you can manage it, get Exile amps for both sub and front stage. Phoenix Gold Zenon amps are available for reasonable prices also, on ebay.
Sealing up / damping your doors is pretty important. Plastic stuff broken or otherwise. You can get new "clips" for the panels at any dealer, about $0.20 each, if thats whats broken? Your post on that was'nt clear.
I'm the voice of unpopular opinion.
Head Unit: Alpine CDA7897
Why are you choosing this headunit? Seems to be a heavy premium for the Alpine name and not much else these days. I'd suggest almost anything else here, for a system on a budget. Clarion has some nice decks out there, Kenwood, JVC, even Sony (if you're an MP3 fan) these companies all have good products at the higher end and cost hundreds less than comparable Alpines, but have more features. Each company I mentioned makes use of good DACs and Burr Browns, for example... in HUs obtainable in the $200 or less range.
Subwoofers: Resonant Engineering RE12s
I guess thats alright... depending on price?
Sub Amp: Kicker KX350.2
Too much money for what you get IMO, and the cosmetics are horrid. Two quick suggestions, Phoenix Gold is comparable in price, or look at Exile audio.
Rear Speakers: Clarion 6x9s
This isn't needed. And whats worse, will be pretty bad if you're putting subs in the trunk. You oughta leave the holes in the deck open.
Component Amp: Coustic 360u 100w RMSx2 Channels
If you buy good components, and a cheap amp like this, I would expect the end result to be a lousy one.
Infinity Kappa Perfects at Soniceletronix = 279$. But after adding the shipping and handling it's around the 400$ mark.
Again, $400 comps on a $100 amp?
For components, check out the "surplus" under car audio at http://www.cadencesound.com $79 hard to beat.
If you can manage it, get Exile amps for both sub and front stage. Phoenix Gold Zenon amps are available for reasonable prices also, on ebay.
Sealing up / damping your doors is pretty important. Plastic stuff broken or otherwise. You can get new "clips" for the panels at any dealer, about $0.20 each, if thats whats broken? Your post on that was'nt clear.
Here, want a good deal on 2x150 for your front stage?
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl ... er=269-162
Dealer cost on these was around $200, get it now for $99.00
Shipping should only be $7.00 or so.
Sound and build quality is reportedly quite decent.
Heres another great option -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
That seller IS Cadence.
I know this, as I've purchased many items both direct and through him, same guy/address.
You get a MFR warranty with that seller.
AND... you can get those component speakers from him at the same time.
Thats amp + comps for about $125 out the door, waranteed. Good stuff man.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl ... er=269-162
Dealer cost on these was around $200, get it now for $99.00
Shipping should only be $7.00 or so.
Sound and build quality is reportedly quite decent.
Heres another great option -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
That seller IS Cadence.
I know this, as I've purchased many items both direct and through him, same guy/address.
You get a MFR warranty with that seller.
AND... you can get those component speakers from him at the same time.
Thats amp + comps for about $125 out the door, waranteed. Good stuff man.
-
High Society
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
- Location: Philippines
- Contact:
X2 on the 6x9's, don't need them. And just cuz it's a 100 dollar amp doesn't mean it's gonna sound bad. It just wont be built very well, or last very long. I had a coustic amp and it was decent. Did what it was supposed to.
As for kicker amps I like em, if you can get a good price on them I'd grab it. My kx600 kicked ass. Had my RE's moving.
And phx gold I like too, I hooked my buddy up with one, and even tho I didn't like how it installed, it was a very nice amp.
I would also look into some different comps then infinity. If you look around you should find some great deals on some CDT's.
As for kicker amps I like em, if you can get a good price on them I'd grab it. My kx600 kicked ass. Had my RE's moving.
And phx gold I like too, I hooked my buddy up with one, and even tho I didn't like how it installed, it was a very nice amp.
I would also look into some different comps then infinity. If you look around you should find some great deals on some CDT's.
x2, will sound much better w/o all that vibrating door noise yuck do I hate that.Sealing up / damping your doors is pretty important. Plastic stuff broken or otherwise. You can get new "clips" for the panels at any dealer, about $0.20 each, if thats whats broken?
♠ Mateo ♠
80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
I agree on the HU I have a lower end clarion the 256 I think that doesn't have a butt load of features but it does play MP3's and has incredible sound quality and I think I paid like 130 bucks at a local shop I am also a fan of kicker amps I have two in my truck and they have always run cool and have taken one hell of a beating from me. The rest I don't have much to say about but I can say this... I don't know if you guys remeber Kraco but my first amp was a kraco it was a really cheap amp and probably one of the best amps I ever owned. Don't always go by price but check the net and you will find a but load of reviews on various amps. Look for quality not so much expense.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
man up you sissy!
Get them 6x9s out. Shouldnt take more than 2 hours to do...
Get them 6x9s out. Shouldnt take more than 2 hours to do...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
High Society
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
- Location: Philippines
- Contact: