Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

DD 9512....After going into ditch...

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

DD 9512....After going into ditch...

Post by Livinloud »

The other night I was on a country road....didnt see stop sign and curve after the stop sign untill it was to late..Slid into ditch going at least 50...Luckily we had 3+ inches of rain the day before so the ground was soft and I didnt roll my car...
My car was fine along with my 20's and low pros, but when one of my buddies asked to hear my system I turned it up and there was no bass. This is what I found when I opened the trunk...
Image
Image
And this is the sub out of the box...
Image
Image
I know the pics arent the greatest I didnt have a digital camera at the time.
Im not exactly to sure what happened to it there isnt really nothing it could have hit in the trunk. There isnt any holes or scratches on the surround. I will definetly make sure the box is mounted down in some way when I get it back. DD wants 130+shipping to repair and upgrade it to the "F" series...not to bad considering I paid $650 for it.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

need macro function
need tripod

need front end realignment before your tires get eaten.
trust me.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

Need to secure box
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Post by Livinloud »

GlassWolf wrote:need macro function
need tripod
need front end realignment before your tires get eaten.
trust me.
I have an appointment to get the front end realigned on Monday.

Macro Function? Tripod?
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

macro.. because at your focal distance, those images are uber blurry.

you need to stand farther away or use a camera with macro, allowing closer focal distances.

the tripod will hold it still in room light.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

that sux dude
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

That's one pooched sub.
Post Reply