Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Constant Popping Sound

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
Syris
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: Bryan, OH

Sound Problems

Post by Syris »

I just got a New but used Dual 7510 receiver.
Have no manual, website wont have info on it until October 1.(its a new model)
Black to Black
Red to Red
When I have Yellow to Yellow a popping sound continues until I pull the 2 wires apart. The unit will play audio but cuts out every other second which sounds like a popping real quick through the speakers.
Syris
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: Bryan, OH

Post by Syris »

Fixed Problem

Disconected all wires including speakers

rewired only yellow red and black

few pops and it quit....

1 problem has led to another though.

Now I cant get any sound to play through at all. Radio nor cd will play any sounds through speakers.
two4fifteen
Senior Member
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 am
Location: detroit

Post by two4fifteen »

dual isn't exactly synanamous with quality... it may just be a bad hu

a good hu is worth investing in, even as little as 150 can get something pretty decent, like a premier.
audiofreak12
Senior Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:32 pm
Location: Missouri

Post by audiofreak12 »

I have a Clarion dxz545MP that would love for you to make you it's new owner. It plays MP3's and WMA's too. It could stand a cleaning but other than that there are no problems. I also have a Kenwood HU for sale. Its the last year model of this one http://www.crutchfield.com/S-EO4lLFZr7K ... ay=Kenwood I'd take $100 bucks for either of 'em if your interested. The Kenwood is in perfect shape, I baught it in January and used it until May then sold the truck and took it out.
Syris
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: Bryan, OH

Post by Syris »

well ive already decided if this one dont fly im only going with pioneer the rest of the time
TechSys
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: Jax, Florida

Post by TechSys »

That Clarion 545MP is a real nice unit. I ran one for quite a while, still have it for backup.
Syris
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: Bryan, OH

Post by Syris »

well I know I can get sound out of this unit. Just a matter of what I'm missin right now
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

The HU isnt really that good... Dual sprung up as a flashy looking HU that really doesnt perform well... personally THat Clarion is a great HU much better for you than that Dual
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Syris
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: Bryan, OH

Post by Syris »

Ok well Ive never had dual in my mind as a great cd player. But my sony that ive had for a few years is starting to crap out on me and I picked this dual up real cheap. I bet the clarion is nice but for a college student its hard to justify spending 100$ on another cd player.
two4fifteen
Senior Member
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 am
Location: detroit

Post by two4fifteen »

im a college student as well. its called putting alittle aside and saving what you can to finally afford what you really want, not whats available NOW.
Post Reply