Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Clarion MAX675VD Bypass Parking Brake

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Clarion MAX675VD Bypass Parking Brake

Post by Livinloud »

I just installed a Clarion MAX675VD. I grounded the green parking brake wire to some bare metal in the dash and it worked a couple times but now when I try playing a DVD the screen says audio only. I tried calling Sound Domain where I bought it from, but they wont tell me how to do it. Maybe my ground is bad?

EDIT:
I was just reading through the manual and it says

If "Audio Only" appears on the screen just after turning on the ACC Power of the car, release the parking brake while confirming safety, and then engage the parking brake again.
--

I was doing some more research and I read a few places to install a toggle switch, but how would I go about doing that if thats what I need to do?
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

you need a switch, not just a ground.....now read this before it gets deleted
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

turn switch on off on and you will be good to roll. dont watch tv/dvd while driving were not responsible for you being retarded and crashing/dying because you were watching a dvd.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Livinloud
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm
Location: Illinois

Post by Livinloud »

Bwcad1 wrote:turn switch on off on and you will be good to roll. dont watch tv/dvd while driving were not responsible for you being retarded and crashing/dying because you were watching a dvd.
So just hook up the parking brake wire from the head unit and ground the other side?

I know a few guys will probably call me an idiot for doing this...
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

im not 100 percent sure of this because i don't do it. but i believe you put the switch on the ground wire ground it out then switch it on off on. and you should be golden.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Yep thats exactly how you do it... they have other ways of bypassing it but that one is really the easiest
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

I bypassed my AVX2 so I could watch porn while driving :) Ever heard of a raging road hard on????
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

lol
Image
- Keith
Post Reply