Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

What would you pay for this?

Post all your general car audio questions here.
solacedagony
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
Contact:

Post by solacedagony »

It's a pretty decent lookin install, definitely for a first install. The carpet job isn't the greatest and the RCAs could easily be hidden with a small hole right below where they plug in.
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

lol, this guy probably thinks we are a bunch of a$$holes, but we are just being honest with you man..
wichy
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by wichy »

No dont worry about it. I like constructive criticism. It was in fact my first install and really had no clue how to really make a box. I have had a lot of woodworking experience in the past and the little bit of research told me that I needed sealed boxes at a certain volume that I cant really remember anymore. About the carpet, I honestly don't know how to make it look really professional and where to buy the carpet. I was hard as hell to carpet that because of the weird angles that I just had to have. Once these are sold and I have some money to play with, I am totally redoing my trunk. I already bought a 4' x 8' sheet of mdf to use and am planning to put in a new floor and have half the trunk walled off. IDK if you can picture it but the plan I have in my head is gonna be sick. I plan on getting L5's or L7's but not sure which to go with. The only thing holding me back right now is trying to sell this damn thing. Very frustrating. Sorry for the rant and thanks for the input.
loudwagon15s
Senior Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Contact:

Post by loudwagon15s »

one more thing, i wouldnt go with either L5's or L7's while they are decent subs and get loud, they significantly lack sq, and are overpriced, you can get better for your money. However, I think the hifonics brutis amp is a good choice.
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

yup if you want square subs use the hifonics atlas subs.....
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Im going with the $250 area...

Not to bad, really.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
wichy
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by wichy »

Okay. Thank you guys very much for the input on my current system. Now, I have decided to go witht hifonics atlas subs once my system is sold but now my real question is - where can I buy them from? I found them at onlinecarstereo.com but I'm worried about whether or not I can trust them. They aren't exactly crutchfield which is where I got my first system and was very impressed. Your thoughts?
brtnboarder3241
Senior Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:40 pm
Location: saint charles, IL
Contact:

Post by brtnboarder3241 »

im going between.200-250
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

Online Car Stereo is a good place.. :thumbsup
Post Reply