hmm..
I work for Dell, and....no comment...
at least their Tape Libraries work.
You are going to find that no computer product on the planet is going to be perfect. They are, after all, electronic. Alienware is not going to be built by Dell...so don't worry about that. I wish you luck with the computer woes Bill. I just can't comment on this issue without leaving myself open for possible conflict of interest issues
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
I Will Never Buy Dell Again!
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
Most of these companies will probably be using similar cheap parts. That's how they get these computers to you so cheap. They buy crap in bulk. Crap is cheap to begin with and when sold in bulk, even cheaper. You buy the parts and build it yourself and you're also not guaranteed flawless parts, but they probably will be better than whatever you're getting from the big name stores.
I'm using a computer I built about 3-4 years ago. I still had some odd problems such as a video card and motherboard kicking the bucket. We use our computers so much that that's just the nature of the beast.
I'm using a computer I built about 3-4 years ago. I still had some odd problems such as a video card and motherboard kicking the bucket. We use our computers so much that that's just the nature of the beast.
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
I built my PC about five or six years ago and it's still working pretty good. Getting pretty slow, but it's reliable. I've got a Toshiba laptop and an Acer laptop. The toshiba has worked fine since I bought it. I got the Acer at the same time and the hard drive died as soon as I got back from Iraq, about a year ago. I just recently put a new hard drive in it and it's been working fine since.
Computers are computers ... what are you going to do?
Averatec is a pretty decent and inexpensive laptop. I nearly bought one myself instead of this Acer. Everyone I know who has an Averatec loves it.
Computers are computers ... what are you going to do?
Averatec is a pretty decent and inexpensive laptop. I nearly bought one myself instead of this Acer. Everyone I know who has an Averatec loves it.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
I build desktop PCs myself whenever possible......... but either I or my family have had 6 dells (2 laptops 4 desktops) from 1995-present. The only problem I ever had was with the newest one (the only one purchased recently), and their customer service shipped me a new motherboard free under warranty to fix it.
Dells quality used to be great but has declined in the past few years. I won't be buying another one. But man, my dimension Pentium 90mhz, 8mb RAM, 512k video board, 28.8 modem, etc from '95........... it still works last time I checked.
Dells quality used to be great but has declined in the past few years. I won't be buying another one. But man, my dimension Pentium 90mhz, 8mb RAM, 512k video board, 28.8 modem, etc from '95........... it still works last time I checked.

