Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Choosing a new source unit. PIO DEHP880PRS, X001, etc...

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

You can get 9255's around used for about $500

Outside of that look for the Denon made Rockfords. Which can be had for $150-$400 depending on model, condition, seller greed. They blew them out at Sound Domain for under $200 a deck, FYI.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Audiophile
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: St. Charles/O'Fallon Misery (missouri)
Contact:

Post by Audiophile »

mmm denon. *drools*

I searched all over and couldnt find a 9255 for under 750. Guess I need to search harder.

I'll take a look around and check out these Rockfords...I never knew Denon made a source for them. I don't suppose these were the "Fast and the Furious" branded ones were they? If so, I won't waste my time...
Tim wrote:As you said the real good SQ source units just don't exist anymore. I like my 9830 but it is not a sound quality deck. biting the bullet may be your only option.
Tim
I wouldn't call the 9830 a true SQ deck either, but it's got a lot of the features an SQ deck would, that just aren't available without spending huge amounts of grip...
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

No they look just like a Denon. Often called Denfords.

RFX 8250 is one, I think the other is RFX 8240

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=016

Theres one ya missed ;)

Keep an eye out for one of these.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Audiophile
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: St. Charles/O'Fallon Misery (missouri)
Contact:

Post by Audiophile »

is this dude out of his mind or am i?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-DENON-made-Roc ... dZViewItem

EDIT: must've hit enter before I typed the rest: Thanks for the heads up Ryan! Sounds like a nice unit. I know Denon makes some bad ass Home AV stuff, I run one of their sources in my house. The model escapes me, I'll have to look it up when I get home. Along with a DefTech 5.1 surround with the mythos 7 center speaker...*drools* so...freaking...amazing. it gave me a whole new appreciation for the movie Transformers.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

He will never get it. He wants more or same price as MSRP.

Like I said they blew both models out closeout on SD for under $200 a pop.

I could see maybe $250 on the 8250 TI model, but no more. If you gotta spend $500 on it you may aswell get another $150 and get the 9255.

As around on Elite. Theres a few people running them and a lot of high end equipment flows thru their forum. http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/ There was a link somewhere for the 9255 for like $625 and a more reputable site would price match it, but the places elude me.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Audiophile
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: St. Charles/O'Fallon Misery (missouri)
Contact:

Post by Audiophile »

Thanks for the link Ryan! Cool site over there...I found an HCCA 225 gen1 for $80 shipped :)
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Get on E bay quickly!

http://electronics.search.ebay.com/deno ... eNameZWLRS

Good lord...

i wish i had a few $100 laying around!
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Audiophile
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: St. Charles/O'Fallon Misery (missouri)
Contact:

Post by Audiophile »

haha ryan you da man. Unfortunately I've decided I need to buy a new car more than I need more audio equipment. Looking into an 05-06 G35 sedan. My car is for sale in the "other" part of the for sale forums. If I can sell the car with the audio more power to me. I'll just have to deal with Better Off with Something Else (BOSE) for a lil while.
Post Reply