Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

My Sub choices, cant make up my mind

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

SQ wise I'd prefer the JL if I could accomodate a ported box to bring out the low end in the sub. Small box, good low end, efficient: Choose two, that's the way it works :D . Just the downside of that type of sub.

SQL for the money I'd go with the REs.

Look at Image Dynamics, too. IDQs aren't that much more than a W1v2 is, or you could consider a single IDQ 15" and port it.
BigMack6933
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:19 am

Post by BigMack6933 »

well crap, im no where closer on deciding then before LOL. I wasnt impressed with my SX 18'' so im sure alot of stuff can compare to it..whats the RMS on the RE 12''? three of those sounds nice... just fitting them in the mustang like want to may be an issue
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

you must of had somehting wrong with with the install or somehting. ill be doing 145dbs in my mustang with 1 sx and hopefully over 150 with 2.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

yea something was a lil screwy there. did you send it in for repair or what?
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BigMack6933
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:19 am

Post by BigMack6933 »

No I just didnt like it. Its not that it wasnt loud, just something about the sub and i was very displeased. my biggest problem, I wanted a pair or RE 8''s for home use about a month back and I have left numerous emails and called RE 4 times and have gotten to email response and no answer on the phone. im kinda afraid to order from them and if the sub malfunctions, never be able to contact them for repair/warranty etc....
BigMack6933
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:19 am

Post by BigMack6933 »

but I like the Idea of Three RE 12''s on a 600D, something 2ohm stable cause If im not mistake three D4=2.67ohm load to the amp, the subs are 175rmsx3=525rms. so it seems like a 600d would be perfect
BigMack6933
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:19 am

Post by BigMack6933 »

Anyone think I can fit three 12'' about 1'' behind the seat opening on a 99-04 mustang and still all the subs be visible, Visonik VXD709 that amp is a600rms@2ohm and I was thinking the amp woulndt actually push 600 but the has 90amp in fuses so I think its capable of 600
BigMack6933
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:19 am

Post by BigMack6933 »

Image

wwhat about that idea?
BigMack6933
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:19 am

Post by BigMack6933 »

That only being 3 subs not 3 pairs lol
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

looks good execept for the amps
Post Reply