Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Man, why did this happen?

Post all your general car audio questions here.
solacedagony
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
Contact:

Post by solacedagony »

I laugh when I see these threads. I have my subwoofer attenuated by 20 db right now. :surprised
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

New sub + new amp = break in...
I know everybody gets their new stuff and wants to here big bass Now!
But know that you've learned the hard way... when you start out, set your gain to 0 with 0 bassboost.... turn up your gain slowly for sub break in (lil at a time)... If you're setting by ear.... when you hear distortion turn the gain back down and then turn it down a couple of hairs more.
If you really feel the need for the use of bass boost. After a day or so of playing at the levels above... turn everything back down and start reseting with the gain and BB in the same manner... now your system is broke in well and you will be happy with your results ;)
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Post Reply