Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

What Do You Think About This Car

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

yesterday i got to see 2 really cool cars in person one was like a 2000 mustang saleen very very cool and the other was a ford GT. i almost had the salemen conviced to let me drive it around the lot.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

MobileAudio, any time you want to back up all that smack you're talking about mopar auto transmissions, come over and we'll take it to a strip and see what happens :)

Cope Racing A-727 torqueflite transmission
Reverse manual valve body with low band apply
Bolt in sprage
Alto Red Eagle racing clutches
Kolene steels
Thicker band strut
Red lined bands
Teflon rings
Front billet servo
Rear billet servo
3 prong neutral switch
2 cooler line case fitting
4.2 billet 2nd gear lever
Mopar reusable pan gasket
B&M deep aluminum pan & billet filter extension
Modified pump support for more flow to the high gear clutch.
Billet steel drum
Super Cooler transcooler
B&M megashifter

connected to a Dana60 4.11 with 35-spline axles, and an Indy cylinderhead 440
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

haha i was waiting for your reply to this one kiki.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

KikiTheCat wrote:MobileAudio, any time you want to back up all that smack you're talking about mopar auto transmissions, come over and we'll take it to a strip and see what happens :)
Like I said, auto's have their places (like at the track), but for the street manuals are just so much more fun (atleast for me.)

In alot of cases automatics arent as tuff as they once were, and the new dodges are a prime example of that. And yeah, I agree there are a few exceptions...

But uhm, other than my shear hatred for their trannys, I actually like dodges.

Also, I understand that every car manufacturer has their faults, I'm not trying to single out dodge here.
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

on a side note, mine is vintage 1966 A727 that's been rebuilt to prostreet spec. It's still a good trans though. Only auto transmission ever commissioned by police forces nationwide, fully stock.

Manuals are good at tracks. Autos are good at strips.
On a strip it's all about consistancy, and that just doesn't happen with a manual transmission.
You can keep things a lot more consistant with an auto trans with a manual revierse valve body and a trans-brake for launches.

It's fun to slip your finger off of a button on the shifter and feel the front end of the car come off the road.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

"It's fun to slip your finger off of a button on the shifter and feel the front end of the car come off the road."

So true. Makes me wanna build another car for the strip :)
Mithrandir
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am

Post by Mithrandir »

I find myself shifting my automatic, i guess I shoulda got a manual lol
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

u guys ever try the hurst lighting shifter that was in the 83 442 H/O's?
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

KikiTheCat wrote:on a side note, mine is vintage 1966 A727 that's been rebuilt to prostreet spec. It's still a good trans though. Only auto transmission ever commissioned by police forces nationwide, fully stock.
Manuals are good at tracks. Autos are good at strips.
On a strip it's all about consistancy, and that just doesn't happen with a manual transmission.
You can keep things a lot more consistant with an auto trans with a manual revierse valve body and a trans-brake for launches.
It's fun to slip your finger off of a button on the shifter and feel the front end of the car come off the road.
When I said the track I meant the strip, lately I've been a little s-l-o-w...

But yeah, I agree with everything you stated above.
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

yeah I knew what ya meant.. I was just expounding on the topic.

BWcad, that B&M shifter I posted in the other thread, like I use in my Charger is the same was as the dual gate shifter you're talking about..
In the 60s they were refered to as a slap-shifter.
It's a gated automatic in a lightning bolt pattern that allows you to manually shift one gear at a time to slapping the shifter, so it never jumps more than one gear at a time.
In my case, I use an automatic trans that requires you to manually shift every gear due to the type of valve body it uses, so I use a ratchet shifter in the car that allows me to lock out reverse, and get a positive shift into every gear just by shoving the lever forward.
It's like a sprint loaded one-click shifter for every gear.
It's a very quick way to shift gears when on a strip. Not the smoothest thing around, but since there's really no overlap in gears in my tranny anyway, it's not really built for comfort to begin with.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Post Reply