Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

What Do You Think About This Car

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

KikiTheCat wrote:yeah I knew what ya meant.. I was just expounding on the topic.
BWcad, that B&M shifter I posted in the other thread, like I use in my Charger is the same was as the dual gate shifter you're talking about..
In the 60s they were refered to as a slap-shifter.
It's a gated automatic in a lightning bolt pattern that allows you to manually shift one gear at a time to slapping the shifter, so it never jumps more than one gear at a time.
In my case, I use an automatic trans that requires you to manually shift every gear due to the type of valve body it uses, so I use a ratchet shifter in the car that allows me to lock out reverse, and get a positive shift into every gear just by shoving the lever forward.
It's like a sprint loaded one-click shifter for every gear.
It's a very quick way to shift gears when on a strip. Not the smoothest thing around, but since there's really no overlap in gears in my tranny anyway, it's not really built for comfort to begin with.
When should I come for the test drive?
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

I havent read any of the other posts, but when i first saw a pic of this car, i thought it was an original Challenger. I think it is the best new car design attemtping to mock an original ever. The mustang is close, but the challenger looks much more like the original. I guess Mopar has to make up for the shitty design of the Charger...Who the hell would make a Charger a 4 door?!?!?
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

ridr4lif wrote:I havent read any of the other posts, but when i first saw a pic of this car, i thought it was an original Challenger. I think it is the best new car design attemtping to mock an original ever. The mustang is close, but the challenger looks much more like the original. I guess Mopar has to make up for the shitty design of the Charger...Who the hell would make a Charger a 4 door?!?!?
I think the mustang looks better, but the challengers look sweet also. And yeah, foor door chargers are just wrong.
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

I liked the concept Mustang better than the production, but it's still a really nice car. Tons better than what it replaced, especially when you take the new platform into consideration.

"I guess Mopar has to make up for the shitty design of the Charger...Who the hell would make a Charger a 4 door?!?!?"

True, but really the Charger was more along the lines of that. You didn't see as many 4 door cars in the 60s to really compare fairly. Regardless, while I don't agree with it, it's still a lot more ballsy than a Camry or Accord sedan.
raw9283
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:42 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Post by raw9283 »

Jonathan wrote:...it's still a lot more ballsy than a Camry or Accord sedan.
Maybe...but I really don't get why the charger srt8 which should be a f'ing bad ass gets outperformed by the jeep grand cherokee srt8. Especially on the skid pad. that is just retarded.

Image

Image
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

"Maybe...but I really don't get why the charger srt8 which should be a f'ing bad ass gets outperformed by the jeep grand cherokee srt8. Especially on the skid pad. that is just retarded."

Yeah, the Mustang GT slapped around the Charger R/T in a Motor Trend comparison. They said the SRT8 would "match" the Mustang, but I'd like to see the ownage that happens when the GT500 debuts :) Corvette owners better be getting nervous, especially with it costing around 40 grand.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Jonathan wrote:"Maybe...but I really don't get why the charger srt8 which should be a f'ing bad ass gets outperformed by the jeep grand cherokee srt8. Especially on the skid pad. that is just retarded."

Yeah, the Mustang GT slapped around the Charger R/T in a Motor Trend comparison. They said the SRT8 would "match" the Mustang, but I'd like to see the ownage that happens when the GT500 debuts :) Corvette owners better be getting nervous, especially with it costing around 40 grand.
And not to mention the mustangs are some of the sweetest sounding cars ever. It's hard to beat the mustangs for the price.
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

sweetest sounding cars ever?

You're either really young, or you really need to get out more!

*ducks and runs*

Sorry.. but I just can't get into the sound of anything but a big block for the most part.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

ya most big blocks have a completely differnt tone that any other car out there, who ever hasnt heard one before should deffinly take a listen. there is a reason why some people dont care about stereos in some cars.
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

there is a reason why some people dont care about stereos in some cars.
Sacriledge!!!!! (sp?)

The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is also AWD..which is one reason why it beat the Charger, it weighs less, and it sits lower to the ground. All those help in handling.

I think that SRT8 Cherokee might be a possible next car. It will out perform a Cayenne Turbo in 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

Just won't say Porsche on it
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Post Reply