Page 1 of 2
sony mobile Es
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:27 pm
by Tim
Yeah so I got this buddy who stumbled upon a Sony Mobile ES CDX C580.
We hooked it up and it seems like the volume control is messed up.
It seems like the knob slips, and for some reason it causes the unit not to make sound.
If you get the knob in the sweet spot it will come on everytime, if not you may turn it on and off several times before it comes back on.
The button inside the knob labeled source is loose also, cause when you turn the knob the button moves. He got the unit at a flea market for cheap, so it is no big loss, but he likes the unit and to be honest it is still in decent shape for its age.
Any ideas??
Tim
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:50 pm
by smoker
send it out and get it fixed...es stuff is awesome
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:47 am
by Tim
smoker wrote:send it out and get it fixed...es stuff is awesome
Tell me about it. I never could afford one back in the day, and here he is with one and don't even know what he got.
You reckon Sony would fix it being as old as it is??
Tim
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:57 am
by cargodz
They should... won't be an under warranty type thing though
And if he don't know what he's got... offer to buy that POS of him (like we don't know better)

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:02 pm
by Tim
cargodz wrote:They should... won't be an under warranty type thing though

And if he don't know what he's got... offer to buy that POS of him (like we don't know better)
Yeah I know it wouldn't be under warranty, and I have already tried to buy it from him :happy055: I guess great minds really do think alike.
Tim
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:35 pm
by JeremyC
Sony won't repair it, but they will give you the contact info for an authorized Sony repair shop in your area.
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:01 pm
by Tim
JeremyC wrote:Sony won't repair it, but they will give you the contact info for an authorized Sony repair shop in your area.
Good to know. I will pass it on to the dude,
Tim
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm
by Tim
Hey gnag guess what I got the Mobile ES deck from the guy that had it the other day. He got one he liked better so I got the ES. :excited:
I have already called sony and I am waiting on the work order stuff to get here.
I think the transport is shot and I know the volume knob has issues. Other than that I think that is all that is wrong with it.
Would anybody have a guess what the charge for labor may be??
or parts for that matter.
I hope it is not a fortune, I don't want to put more in it than I have to, but it is Mobile ES afterall.
Tim
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Probably $75 an hour or so and parts...
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:36 am
by cargodz
Glad to hear you got a hold of it... to bad your friend didn't know what he had
