Page 1 of 1

Factory headunit integration

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:43 am
by falkenbd
I'm putting a budget system in a civic (not mine) and it has a factory nav unit. So the plan is to keep the nav and put in enough amp to power a small sub and front speakers. The rear speakers, we might leave the factory ones in place and just put HP and LP filters on them.

For factory integration, what do you guys think of putting a Power Acoustik PEQ-70 in the dash or glovebox and hooking the factory speaker outputs to the high level input on the PEQ-70. Since the system is on a tight budget, I figured the PEQ would give a little control (7 band PEQ) , and it has a subwoofer crossover and output. Its also very inexpensive.

I'm not entirely sure how well this would work.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:55 am
by Bwcad1
pull the rear speakers or just disconect them other wise its going to suck.

IMO your better off using a standard LOC and setting your xover points at your amps.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:51 am
by CaptainPioneer
navone engineering makes good loc's
http://www.davidnavone.com/legal.htm

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 am
by falkenbd
I like the idea of having a 7 band PEQ instead of the factory Bass / Treble adjustments.

Maybe I'll go with a LOC and a dash mountable PEQ.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:18 pm
by smoker
i have always had good luck with PAC's TRUNKLOC....it even gives you a remote turn on