Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Got a new Deck!

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Got a new Deck!

Post by CaptainPioneer »

About 1 week ago, my Pioneer DEH-p6500 basically conked out on me... it was sending a pretty rough signal to my speakers which i tested each one, and are fine... also checked the wires and they were sound as well... I guess it was its time... Any how I picked up on of these beauties just shy of $180 on ebay... and i know most of you guys hate them but I have to say I have bought many items from the ebay seller, and online store owner... Sonix Electronix... and havnt had any problems what so ever. sooo here is what i got....

Image


Alpine ida-x200 just came in the mail today... anyone have any Alpine units like this????

I read the manual front to back to get an idea of how to access settings but nothing was in the manual conscerning sub levels and cut offs....

I don't have it hooked up because My truck is back at home in CT, but so far the damn thing looks HAWT!!!


Also question anyone who does have an alpine... did you notice an appriciable difference between the stock iPod control cable and the FAST control cable???

Also Can I add on a CD changer that is IP-BUS like a new Pioneer CD Changer... It doesn't necessary mean i need to use an Alpine right?
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

alpine you must for the changer, you cannot mix changers...and you know that it is Ipod only, no cd right?
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Pretty positive you will have to use Alpine cD Changer.

Thats a nice deck IMO if you have an IPOD.

I think Chris (slicks) has that deck?
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

I did know that it is not a cd deck which is fine because I only make cd's when I absolutely need them and I would rather use it by iPod anyway....

If worse comes to worse I could always get a pioneer with a RF modulator on it but i dunno it all depends... Im really not the CD dependent....

what really drew me to it was the 24 bit DAC Burr Browns that it has and the fact that i wont ever have to worry about scratching CD's
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Thats a pretty nice deck...

I need to start picking out the new system for the monte.... I've been so out of the game I'm going to have to do alot of research...
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

That Alpine looks really nice, but for me I couldn't not have the CD
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

cargodz wrote:That Alpine looks really nice, but for me I couldn't not have the CD
I really did a lot of thinkin on this deck a long time ago for my Camry, and then I realized that for me, the one thing I hated most about my trucks system was the fact that my CD's were always all over the place and they got scratched....

Now I figure that since I really don't need them... If I ever want to I will expand on a Disk changer or something. The only thing I'm a little bit pissed about is that I really want to utilize the Blue tooth function but in order to do that I have to spend over $200 for the damn box to connect to it! Other than that, this unit seems to do what I want for the price...

It was either this one or,

Image

And that was a little more on the price range...

Its too bad though, That is the one I originally wanted for my camry. But who knows... Maybe in time I can hold out for this bad boy...

Image
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

If I were going for that kinda damage to the pocket book I wouldn't count out the JVC either: http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028308&pathId=147&page=1
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Pretty nice! I doubt I will be buying one in the near future but I definitely wish that Alpine had gone along with their old prototype with the screen that touches back... I don't know if anyone has heard or seen of it, but Alpine about 4 years ago came out with a display that if you went to touch the screen to select an option, it would literally raise the display screen and you would actually feel the outline of a button. It was pretty cool...

I guess it never got the real greenlight... :(
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Post Reply