Page 1 of 4
Xbox sucks...
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:48 pm
by CaptainPioneer
Misleading title yes... I love Xbox 360 but my mother was very nice and bought one for my bday in September... and I was totally blown away by that... but she did something that i never would have done... she bought a used one... and now in December the Power Brick has blown on it... And of course I can't register it for repairs because the douche she bought it from before did that ... Im soo pissed...
BTW im like a Guitar Hero adict so right now im jonesing bad lol

:help: :help:
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:27 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Warranty is non transferable?
Maybe the previous owner could help you out and send it in for you?
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:32 pm
by swimmerdude
i love the xbox 360 me and my brother bought but we have already sent it in twice now(sent it in a few days ago) for warranty work. The first thing was minor, but this one was something bigger, it didnt turn on, the xbox light was red. But we have had it since, i would say, less than 6 months of it coming out,
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:04 pm
by Tim
swimmerdude wrote:i love the xbox 360 me and my brother bought but we have already sent it in twice now(sent it in a few days ago) for warranty work. The first thing was minor, but this one was something bigger, it didnt turn on, the xbox light was red. But we have had it since, i would say, less than 6 months of it coming out,
the red light you speak of is the "ring of death" it occurs because of a overheating issue. my brother in law kept a fan blowing on his for a long time. It does seem some games are harder on the console (as far as heating up) than others. Forza is pretty rough on it
Tim
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:51 pm
by falkenbd
ps3 = where its at... altho they break too... i've had 0 problems with mine...
i love blu-ray and streaming TV etc from my PC
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:19 pm
by William from NOLA
falkenbd wrote:ps3 = where its at... altho they break too... i've had 0 problems with mine...
i love blu-ray and streaming TV etc from my PC
Me too. Definitely a blu-ray deal.
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:10 am
by MobileAudio219
CaptainPioneer wrote:Misleading title yes... I love Xbox 360 but my mother was very nice and bought one for my bday in September... and I was totally blown away by that... but she did something that i never would have done... she bought a used one... and now in December the Power Brick has blown on it... And of course I can't register it for repairs because the douche she bought it from before did that ... Im soo pissed...
BTW im like a Guitar Hero adict so right now im jonesing bad lol

:help: :help:
We just got an xb360... I really didnt think I'd like guitar hero, but it's actually alot of fun...
I'm not very good yet, I can beat all the songs on easy, and most of the ones on medium... hard and expert??? I dont see how the EFF people do that!
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:10 am
by CaptainPioneer
I think my mom got it from some dude in Canada...
I love my XBOX but i just remember back to when I bought my first one and the 3 times we had it serviced... Sometimes I wonder if they build these things to fail
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:15 am
by OnYrMrk
Keep it horizontal and don't allow it to stand up vertically, the heat rises and when it is on its side, the processor gets extra hot.
Also, depending on how many red dashes are lit up depends on how it will play
for example: 3 red dot ( ring of death ) is overheating issues and the xbox needs to be serviced
4 red dots, the video cord isn't plugged in all the way
I am not sure what 2 and 1 are, but they aren't nearly as bad as 3.
I have a friend here who services them for a small fee. but you would have to ship it to me.
The other option is checking in Craigs list for services in repairing Xbox 360's, or even googling it. You might be able to fix it yourself with a bit of studying.
Good luck
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:18 am
by k0rnyfr33k
If its your powerbrick your sol, you'll have to just buy another one. You can see if your Warranty is transferable because i know for the RROD it is.