Page 1 of 1
Monte Carlo Deck Help
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:22 am
by MonteCarlo
Hey guys, brand new to the site. I have an 02 Monte Carlo SS and I'm looking to putting in a cd deck. I have stock right now and I want to hook up my zune to the deck so i get better sond quality than a stupid radio transmitter. I have been told alpine and pioneer are the way to go. If anyone can suggest a unit that would be great!
Thanks!
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:27 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Dont forget JVC.
For the most part it comes down to cost and features desired.
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:33 am
by Bwcad1
Ive had to replace quite a few of the lower end JVC's lately id stay away from there lower end stuff. Pioneer Alpine are really the only decent choice's anymore.
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:40 am
by MonteCarlo
have you heard of any pionner or alpine decks that work well with a zune? im willing to spend 200+
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:01 am
by Bwcad1
Check out the manufacture's website's they both have some good info on that issue.
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:15 pm
by Tim
I know that the ipod and the zune are to different creatures, but the Alpine X-100, is based on the Ipod idea. It has no cd slot and all the ins and outs to hook up the Ipod. Like Bill said cruise over to alpine and pioneers sites and check it out.
There are a couple people on this forum with the alpine, and Im sure that there are pioneer units on here as well.
Tim
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:12 am
by MonteCarlo
I talked to my buddy over at BB and we both agreed on the Pioneer 6000 cause it looks pretty sweet and its got the aux input which i would use for the zune. Then we talked about speakers and he recommended the infinity 6 1/2's for starters. He said we should just put those in first and see how it sounds before we get the 6x9's. Should we just do the rear also?
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:01 am
by cargodz
That Pioneer is a decent model and should fit your needs nicely... I like a lot of others here would recommend that you look into components up front (amplifier powered) and just forget the rears. If you feel you must have rears, look into some midbass speakers... If it's better sound quality you're looking for than this is the way to go

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:56 am
by Tim
What are you looking for?? sound quality or just quality sound?? causemost of your sound quality setups dont even run rear fill. Or like mike said midbass.
I dont have rear fill at all. took them out awhile back.
Just depends on what you want.
tim