Page 1 of 1
Head unit repair
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:48 pm
by falkenbd
OK, I'm going to be dismantling my head unit soon. I'm replacing the ribbon cable that connects the flip down face to the main unit.
The Deck is a CD8445. Anyone have any advice?
Also, is there a cheap solution for being able to power it up in the house?
I want to make sure its in full working order before I put it back into the car.
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Computer ATX power supply. Steady clean 12V.
I take ityou already got the cable?
Theres a few 8445's onca.com for around $150.
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:48 am
by falkenbd
I got the cable from united radio. should be here this week.
How do you use the ATX power supply?
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:51 am
by Bwcad1
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Computer ATX power supply. Steady clean 12V.
I take ityou already got the cable?
Theres a few 8445's onca.com for around $150.
If you dont jump across a certain set of wires you will fry the PSU ask joey c about that lol

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:33 pm
by falkenbd
anyone?
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:40 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Ok I cant remember correctly. Its the older computer power supplies. YOu can just use the 11V rail without any issues. Doubt you can get them anymore.
I would just use the car battery.