Page 1 of 1

loud button

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 am
by Tim
Hey everybody, I got a question. When I play a certain couple songs my front speakers "pop" on the bass notes. It is really quite disturbing. The other day I noticed it and I thought why not, I pressed the loud button and the pop went away.

I realize that when the button is off and the speakers pop, the stereo could be clipping, but why does it go away when the loud button is pressed??
Does the extra ~6 db the button adds just mask the pop I'm hearing or what?? It seems to me it would make it worse.


Thanks,

Tim

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:44 am
by sinister audio
sounds like it is working backwards to me. Stereos usually sound like crap with the loud button on.

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:57 am
by Ryan from Ohio
? The loud button usually only makes things worse... Never heard of it making it better? lol

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:35 am
by Tim
Me neither. I never use the loud button, but it seems to have made a difference at least on these three songs. It has completely got me puzzled.
At first I thought the internal amp was clipping, but when I pressed the loud button it made it sound better.

I thought maybe the extra few decibles was pumping up the low end of the sound and drowning out the "pops".

Keep thinking on it and keep the ideas coming.

Tim

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:07 pm
by William from NOLA
Are you actually turning it off instead of on?

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 am
by CaptainPioneer
do you have an amp connected or are you powering the speakers of the Deck?

Maybe the Loud button is sending extra watts to the speaker hence creating less clipping???

Sorry thats probably a crappy answer.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:42 pm
by Tim
CaptainPioneer wrote:do you have an amp connected or are you powering the speakers of the Deck?

Maybe the Loud button is sending extra watts to the speaker hence creating less clipping???

Sorry thats probably a crappy answer.
nope no amp just the deck.

it may be. that is about the only thing I can think of.

ahh no worries, it still gives me something to chew on.

tim

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:30 pm
by RetroAudioInc
Loud button = bad news..