Page 1 of 4
Almost there
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:41 pm
by cool mr grinch
I got both new amps installed, new 1/0 power wire run with 250 amp resettable c/b, and got the 4 channel amp hooked up for music through the week. i finally got my passenger door completely done, so both doors are the same now. the sound is astounding, i'm very impressed, i will be able to run the imprint software soon. i just need a 200amp fuse and holder for the bass amp and finish the wiring.
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:02 am
by MobileAudio219
Nice... Post more pictures when youre done (or of the process.) :happy055:
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:25 pm
by Tim
Yeah what justin said. More pix.
tim
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:02 pm
by cool mr grinch
ok, i have an update. i got all the wiring rerun and routed as cleanly as possible, got both amps wired in and pushing speakers, deadened the area below my backseat, just waiting for the deadener to do my trunk floor. i attempted the gain setting by volt meter, but i got a bit frustrated trying to adjust voltages moving that fast, is there a test tone that has a strait 50 or 60 hz, without the fluctuations? anyways here are some pics.
i may also be looking at new subs, i just dont know what to look for? i want to stay in the 10" range, and run in a sealed enclosure, and trunk space is limited, and at least 1000 watt rms per sub.
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:06 pm
by cool mr grinch
amps installed and powered on. i do run a cap, it does seem to help along with my 220amp alternator, 2/0 main wiring and amp wiring. as soon as i get the trunk fully deadened i will run the imprint software and tell you how well it does.
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:56 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Looks nice to me.
I see no harm in the cap. Actually its a good thing.
I know I will be running one... No harm, no foul!
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:04 am
by Justin from Detroit1
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Looks nice to me.
I see no harm in the cap. Actually its a good thing.
I know I will be running one... No harm, no foul!
Wow, how you have changed! lol
You could give these subs a try... they will get very loud with 1000w RMS flowing through them....
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=3709
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:12 am
by Bwcad1
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Looks nice to me.
I see no harm in the cap. Actually its a good thing.
I know I will be running one... No harm, no foul!
As long as you have a moderatly sufficient electrical system they dont hurt
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 am
by Ryan from Ohio
We all progress as we learn and we are always continually learning...
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:33 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Bwcad1 wrote:As long as you have a moderatly sufficient electrical system they dont hurt
That is the point, yes.