Page 1 of 2

Buddy needs suggestions for new system

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:28 pm
by audiobass10
A buddy of mine wants to get a system put in his 1997 honda accord. He is looking for SQ but also wants some decent bass. He's been leaning twoard mtx 10's and he's not sure which model to get. I think he should probably go with the 6000's and a nice mtx amp to run them off of. He doesn't wanna spend a fortune however, so any suggestions on what to fit his needs for subs, and amp, and enclosure would be appreciated.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:27 pm
by Mercedesbends69
If he's gonna go MTX, don't go 6000's. At the absolute least get 8000's. You can get them for like $40 each on ebay.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:46 pm
by Dustin from Huntsville
How much money is he willing to spend?

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:50 pm
by audiobass10
After posting that he told me he'd rather have the 8000's. Are those good subs and what amp and box would u reccomend?

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:53 pm
by audiobass10
He's not looking to spend much. I think the 8000's would be a good suit for him but any opinions would be helpful.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:23 pm
by kingstonrock
If he's looking for inexpensive SQ then I would suggest one 12" Alpine Type-r over two 10" MTX 8000s.

Eric

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:59 pm
by GlassWolf
an Accord..
good head unit
6.5" separates up front (CDT classics maybe)
4 channel amplifier
rear fill if he has folks in back much (6.5" or 6x9 2-ways)
MTX or Kicker mono amp around 350-500 watts
one alpine type R 12" sub or Adire Shiva 12" in vented box

an alarm system of some kind

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:02 pm
by William from NOLA
an alarm system of some kind
That's the best suggestion I've heard for a while on this board... :)

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:37 pm
by GlassWolf
I can't believe anyone has a system and not an alarm, personally.. but I figured it was worth mentioning.. hehe

lol

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:59 pm
by Mithrandir
im so not gonna have an alarm system :(