2 in 1
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:13 pm
Ok I need to get to bed, so I'm putting both these in the same post.
1 I'm getting surgery tomorrow. I got hit by a baseball bat when I was five and haven't be able to breath out of my nose since then. So I'm finally getting it corrected.
2. I just talked to my mom and I'm about to kill their vet. When I was 16 an all black cat kitten found its way into our back yard and eventually into our house. His name is Shadow and he is the sweetest most protective cat I have ever met. Doesn't matter who or what comes into his territory. He adopted us, we took him in and gave him a warm place to live, so he is going to protect us.
Well Shadow is about 15 to 16 years old now, and its starting to show. He can't get around as well as he used to, and has had a few kidney problems.
Well a couple weeks ago my parents noticed blood in one of his eyes and he wasn't eating. So they took him to the vet and had him checked out.
Well the vet tells my parents it could be one of three things.
High blood pressure
Cancer
Or he could have fallen.
So the vet runs some test, and send him home with my parents. The next day the vet calls says it isn't cancer and puts him on antibiotics.
He starts feeling better, eating again, and then it happens again. But now there is blood in both eyes and he is hiding (very bad sign for cats)
So my parents take him back to the vet, only to find out its high blood pressure, and they DID NOT check his blood pressure or check him for any of the causes of high blood pressure last time he was there.
So now he is on blood pressure med and is doing way better.
BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is blind and the vet said today "he highly doubts he will ever get his vision back."
So I'm talking to my mom she is telling me all of this and it clicks. If the jack ass vet would have done her job instead of skipping the most likely cause of the blood in his eye. Shadow would still have his vision.
And that pisses me off. Animals are just like family members to most people in america. How many other animals has she half ass checked out? How many have lost their site due to her shady practices? How many have died?
1 I'm getting surgery tomorrow. I got hit by a baseball bat when I was five and haven't be able to breath out of my nose since then. So I'm finally getting it corrected.
2. I just talked to my mom and I'm about to kill their vet. When I was 16 an all black cat kitten found its way into our back yard and eventually into our house. His name is Shadow and he is the sweetest most protective cat I have ever met. Doesn't matter who or what comes into his territory. He adopted us, we took him in and gave him a warm place to live, so he is going to protect us.
Well Shadow is about 15 to 16 years old now, and its starting to show. He can't get around as well as he used to, and has had a few kidney problems.
Well a couple weeks ago my parents noticed blood in one of his eyes and he wasn't eating. So they took him to the vet and had him checked out.
Well the vet tells my parents it could be one of three things.
High blood pressure
Cancer
Or he could have fallen.
So the vet runs some test, and send him home with my parents. The next day the vet calls says it isn't cancer and puts him on antibiotics.
He starts feeling better, eating again, and then it happens again. But now there is blood in both eyes and he is hiding (very bad sign for cats)
So my parents take him back to the vet, only to find out its high blood pressure, and they DID NOT check his blood pressure or check him for any of the causes of high blood pressure last time he was there.
So now he is on blood pressure med and is doing way better.
BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is blind and the vet said today "he highly doubts he will ever get his vision back."
So I'm talking to my mom she is telling me all of this and it clicks. If the jack ass vet would have done her job instead of skipping the most likely cause of the blood in his eye. Shadow would still have his vision.
And that pisses me off. Animals are just like family members to most people in america. How many other animals has she half ass checked out? How many have lost their site due to her shady practices? How many have died?