Page 1 of 1
wire harnessess
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:53 am
by Tim
Hey gang, got a question.
Do aftermarket head units use a standard layout for the harness?? Cause I got a sony xplod unit for cheap, it does need the red swithced wire replaced in the harness.
I have a harness that I got from a buddy of mine and I compared them and the wires all match up.
If its a no go on the harnessess being like a standard for aftermarket units, what are the little pins called the the wires clip into the harness with??
Thanks,
Tim
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:37 am
by MobileAudio219
If it physically plugs in and all the wires are the same (power, ground, etc) I don't see why it would work?
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:07 pm
by Tim
MobileAudio219 wrote:If it physically plugs in and all the wires are the same (power, ground, etc) I don't see why it would work?
Well that being said, it may work then. Cause I compared the harnessess, and the wires all match up, and it plugs in without issue.
Tim
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:23 pm
by MobileAudio219
Tim wrote:Well that being said, it may work then. Cause I compared the harnessess, and the wires all match up, and it plugs in without issue.
Tim
So what would be the problem Tim?
I'm heavily medicated and I didn't even have to think twice about it...

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:20 pm
by Tim
MobileAudio219 wrote:So what would be the problem Tim?
I'm heavily medicated and I didn't even have to think twice about it...
No problem, I was just more wondering if the harness is pretty much standard issue.
Tim
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:48 am
by MobileAudio219
Not always.
I can't believe your going to use a sony xplod head unit with some focals speakers though.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:07 pm
by Tim
MobileAudio219 wrote:Not always.
I can't believe your going to use a sony xplod head unit with some focals speakers though.
Im not, two unrelated topics. the head unit is my brother in laws. I was just curious what other people thought about the other topic.
Tim
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:16 pm
by MobileAudio219
Tim wrote:Im not, two unrelated topics. the head unit is my brother in laws. I was just curious what other people thought about the other topic.
Tim
Oh, I was just giving you crap. No biggie!