Page 1 of 2

Need a 12" sub that does well off 340 watts.

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:50 pm
by MobileAudio219
Like the title says, I looking for a 12" sub that runs well off 340 watts. I'm putting the system out of my s10 into the new DD and want to step up to a single 10".

The amp (Hifonics ZXI 6410) put outs 340 watts at 4 ohm.

I had a 10" AB DX running off of it and liked it, but I want to upgrade to a 12".

Here's what I have in mind.


12" AB DX

12" Kicker Comp VR

12" Infinity Kappa

12" JBL Power Series (or perhaps the GTO series.)

12" Phoenix Gold RSd

What would else you all recommend?

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:52 pm
by smoker
one of my personal fav's cerwin vega vmax12

also planet audio big bang 12 is nice.

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:52 pm
by smoker
and for the record i cant sell you either one of them.....anymore.......

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:59 pm
by MobileAudio219
smoker wrote:one of my personal fav's cerwin vega vmax12
also planet audio big bang 12 is nice.
I was actually going to put the cerwin vega vmax on my list, but forgot to. My buddy owed an audio shop a while back and got to play around with the vmax just a tiny bit. I liked what I heard, so that's a strong contender as well!
smoker wrote:and for the record i cant sell you either one of them.....anymore.......
If anybody here want's to pm me with a list of products they carry that fit my description that is perfectly fine with me. :D

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:37 pm
by cool mr grinch
i have a 12" kicker solo l5 dual 4ohm if you might be interested?

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:42 am
by falkenbd
the sub isn't going to matter as much as the enclosure.

just look for a sub with a high sensitivity (spl/1 watt) and relativley low fs

The JBL power has a sensitivity of 97 db/watt for a dual 2 ohm (so it might actually mean 91 db/watt) - the higher would obviously be better but 91 isn't bad at all for a 12" sub.

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:46 am
by Bwcad1
cool mr grinch wrote:i have a 12" kicker solo l5 dual 4ohm if you might be interested?
PM me what you want for it if he doesnt want it.

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:07 pm
by MobileAudio219
Bwcad1 wrote:PM me what you want for it if he doesnt want it.
I need a final load of 4 ohms so I can use it, so it's all yours.

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 pm
by Tim
I have a buddy who may still have a Audiobahn 12. Dont know how you feel bout audiobahn though. pm me if youre interested.

Edit: I had a couple Quantum 15's cozmics awhile back and installed them in an S-10 ext. cab.
The 15's banged hard. So you might consider a 12 in those.

Tim

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:50 pm
by Tim
smoker wrote:and for the record i cant sell you either one of them.....anymore.......

So you are not selling anything anymore??

Tim