Page 1 of 1

wii netflix

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:44 am
by MobileAudio219
Does anybody here have it? I was thinking about getting it. Do they have a ton of movies available? I don't want to have it for a month and then run out of movies to watch!

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am
by scotts1000rr
The kid says yes. We have it but i have never used it,the kids and the wife are always on it.

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
by Chris from Washington
It's OK, the selection of streaming movies are all mostly older movies (5+ years old). Like stuff you would see on Starz.

Quality wise, it's SD since the WII only has composite out.

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 pm
by sinister audio
i use it on my 360 and love it, they have a lot of movies with an ok selection. Its worth it to me.

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 pm
by J.W.
i used Netflix with my 360 about a year ago, and the selection at that time was pretty bad. couldn't rely on it as a sole selection source, especially for new releases. However, other than that it was very cool. In recent marketing campaigns nextflix has focused on streaming video quite a bit, so the selection might be much better than a year ago.

If netflix was to really pump up their selection of streaming titles, then i would consider going back, but for now my "streaming" video source is the Blockbuster a mile from my house w/ $24/mo unlimited in-store trade-ins. lol

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:04 am
by MobileAudio219
I got the trail version. I like a lot of the movies from 5+ years back, in fact I'd have to say most of the newer movies are junk. I watched a few movies last night, the quality isn't perfect (streaming on the computer) but I only have like a 8mb connection..

It works good enough, there's a pretty decent selection and you can use it on any computer and up to 6 devices, and you get one DVD at a time by mail.

for 9 bucks a month or whatever, it'll be worth it!

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:25 pm
by sinister audio
they test your connection and adjust quality accordingly, they are starting to get a lot of hd streaming movies which is really nice through the hdmi of the 360