Page 1 of 1
I need help with Clation VX400 touch screen
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:08 am
by erynlynee
I just had a Clarion vx400 installed in my car last night. I was messing with the general settings and was trying to set the monitor brightness. Somehow I accidentally got on the ts calibration screen. When it told me to touch the corners, I didn't know that I was supposed to touch the little squares and I touched the very top edge corners. When I finsihed that it went back to the main screen but when I tried to push the "general" button again, the "clock" button right under it lit up. Now when I touch the screen nothing happens. and I can't reset it because I can't get back to the settings screen to reset it. I have tried pushing the reset button on the front of thr radio and that does not work. What do I do. I think I have set the calibration way off and don't know how to get it back. Can someone please please help???
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:48 am
by Bwcad1
Unplug it from the car for 30 mins and try again. If that doesnt work call Clarion...
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:01 pm
by erynlynee
Ok thanks I will try that.
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:27 pm
by erynlynee
ok so i am on the clarion website and can't find a number to call them
nevermind i found it
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:43 pm
by Bwcad1
Clarion Corporation of America
6200 Gateway Drive, Cypress, CA 90630, U.S.A.
Customer Service: 800-347-8667
Phone: 800-GO-CLARION (462-5274)
Fax: 310-327-1999
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:46 pm
by erynlynee
lol thanks i found it right before you sent that.
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:23 am
by DanO
Hi - I did the same thing. The instructions said "touch the corners", not the squares. Now the buttons are inoperable with no way to return to the Settings screen.
Just curious if you had success in resetting the unit by either using the "Reset" button on the front or by disconnecting the unit. I found little help in contacting Clarion Support.